Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grinding noise during hard cornering?

Stock suspension with a Pierce 2 point brace, stock wheels and tires, 6300miles. I'm getting a rubbing/grinding noise from the front end during hard cornering. The first time it happened I thought maybe it was just because the turn was sort of banked and causing the suspension to compress more than normal and maybe I got some tire rub. After hearing it again yesterday I don't think it's tire rub, it almost sounds more like a grinding sound. I'm going to get under the car this weekend to make sure the brace and aftermarket RMM are tight and look around at potential causes, but is anyone else familiar with this noise only when hard cornering?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock suspension with a Pierce 2 point brace, stock wheels and tires, 6300miles. I'm getting a rubbing/grinding noise from the front end during hard cornering. The first time it happened I thought maybe it was just because the turn was sort of banked and causing the suspension to compress more than normal and maybe I got some tire rub. After hearing it again yesterday I don't think it's tire rub, it almost sounds more like a grinding sound. I'm going to get under the car this weekend to make sure the brace and aftermarket RMM are tight and look around at potential causes, but is anyone else familiar with this noise only when hard cornering?
Which way when turning does it make noise? or does it do it both ways?

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I've only experienced it turning to the right. I'll try to enter a turn to the left on my way home tonight and see if it happens then. I should have also mentioned that I'm not braking when it happens.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Haha, if that's the case I should have heard this much louder in my previous FWD cars. [raceflag]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I would just look under the car and in the fender to see if one of the fender liners has come loose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
How's those brake pads and rotors look'n?
Try pulling the ABS fuse and see whether the noise still occurs.
If it doesn't, this is the ABS system pulsing.
It's used to "rotate" and posture the vehicle through heavy cornering.