Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accessport

I am debating about getting the AP, if I have a resonator delete do I need a special map or will the OTS stage one map be fine? I read some where that I would need exact parts for the OTS tunes. Thank you.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am debating about getting the AP, if I have a resonator delete do I need a special map or will the OTS stage one map be fine? I read some where that I would need exact parts for the OTS tunes. Thank you.
Resonator delete I wouldn't worry...though I'd Run a Tune by Jason@Dizzytuning or Stratified....then they would ask for a Mod list to change the Flash Tune alittle....the OTS tuned from Cobb are Meh....JUst an FYI.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The Cobb OTS tunes absolutely do not need any parts at all they are so conservative... off the floor stock could run "Stage 2" and just an intercooler upgrade you could run "Stage 3"... Welcome to the world of Cobb trying to market 3 bullshit stages, with their crappy tunes, LOL... Seriously, Cobb is great for the work they've done with the AP, and trying the their OTS tunes are better than nothing and at least unlocks the natural torque from our tiny turbo, but don't listen to their BS about 3 stages not involving upgrading a turbo upgrade. All that matters is intercooler upgrade or not, real tuners have 2 stages, Stage 1 is no intercooler upgrade and Stage 2 is with intercooler upgrade... And yes, now that you have an AP, you can add tunes for only $50-75 through Stratified and Dizzy. I personally feel Stratified pushes the boost a bit high for my comfort if you don't have an intercooler upgrade while Dizzy is much smoother, refined and dialed in. He also includes a datalog review to make sure everything is safe for $75 total whereas even a basic review is extra with Stratified...And yes, intake and exhaust mods are 95%+ sound only with a stock turbo, even when specifically tuned for they add VERY little power, Jason of Dizzy says some of the fastest stock turbo FiST's he's seen don't have intake and exhaust mods, so a res delete (actually called a front muffler it's so big) should just be helping give you a sportier sound.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! Have you heard of any issues with stage 1 OTS and a boomba bob adapter?