Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best driving road the you've actually driven:

joesiris

I have no actual pictures, sadly was too busy enjoying the drive to stop, but the best road so far I've driven the Fiesta is the Kancamagus Highway NH. This year I had planned to do a cross country road trip including a drive to the Tail of the Dragon down in NC, but I am not sure any of that will happen now.

so is this a photo of NH or tail of the dragon?

Being in SoCal I'm spoiled for choice, but I give the nod to Glendora Mountain Road or this tiny little canyon in east LA county called Turnbull Canyon. It's super short but super technical, all 2nd and 3rd gear hairpins

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Had the pleasure of driving the Blue Ridge Parkway daily for a few years. Hard road to beat, especially the Tail of the Dragon when it's not full of minivans and Harleys cruising at 15 mph

Hawaii: Like BRGT350 also said, the Road to Hana around the island of Maui. It also sticks to my memory because I just had my permit at the time and my dad let me drive most of it in the rental car.

Southeastern US: North GA, TN, and NC roads such as Suches loop, TOTD, Cherohola skyway, etc.

West US: In summer 2017, I took a trip through Phoenix, Kanab, Flagstaff, Laughlin NV, Zion, around Yosemite, and Mammoth Lakes before finishing in San Francisco. Many amazing roads out there but the two that stick out to me the most was the path through forest and mountains after passing the Sierra Nevadas while on the way to and after Mammoth Lakes, and one really curvy, desert mountain road at high altitude as we came into California. It definitely wasn't the fastest point A-B route. Forget the name, but I think it was Westgate pass or something? IIRC, in August it was over 100 degrees F, ~8000 feet elevation, and we were basically in the middle of nowhere. Loved that trip.

Greater LA: Went to a wedding last year in Huntington beach and stayed for two days afterwards to explore in a Turo ND Miata. It's a long drive, but I really enjoyed Angles Crest, as well as Topanga Canyon, and the drive up Las Flores Canyon. Lots of other roads I can't remember right now as well. You guys are really spoiled

Germany: German backroads. Again, I can't name specific ones but the hilly roads connecting both Koblenz and Saarbrucken to the Nurburgring and other small villages were great. No traffic, super smooth, great sight-lines. Ditto for the drive from Munich to Zugspitze Peak. For that trip 3 friends and I rented a 750d (i6 with 4 turbos) to take all over Germany. That car was amazing.

Very nice place! [;)]
Is it near Duel movie locations?......If it is not, sorry for my geography [:D]
That road is a south of where the movie was filmed.

I literally stumbled onto the tunnel from the movie a week ago while driving on Soledad Canyon Road.

20200516_135245.jpg

Also, there is no way the truck made that u-turn without backing up. :LOL: Too narrow there.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
As a former SoCal resident, I also liked the twisties in the mountains. It's best to go during the week. Weekends are full of hooners and bikes.

As a former SoCal resident, I also liked the twisties in the mountains. It's best to go during the week. Weekends are full of hooners and bikes.
I personally prefer Highway 23 and Yerba Buena Road. Highway 23 is seriously narrow with numerous tight hairpins, and YBR is just tight in general, with a few hairpins thrown in.

YBR's road surface is seriously bad starting from PCH and heading up a few miles, so I always start from Mulholland Highway and make a U-turn once I hit the bad tarmac.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Took Clarkson out for some fresh mountain air. Drove up Azusa Canyon Rd as far as I could. Road was blocked at about 5200 ft elevation. The drive was clear of other cars above the 2000 ft level. It wasn't the Transfăgărășan Highway, but as far as the San Gabriel Valley is concerned, it was the "best driving road...IN THE WORLD"....at least today it was.

View attachment 30659
View attachment 30661

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=5d44...25102~-117.860571&lvl=13&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027
I was out there a few Fridays ago and was bummed GMR was closed... still had fun driving up Azusa Canyon Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk