Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best driving road the you've actually driven:

All of the back twisty roads where I used to live in Western Massachusetts. And also in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts- all hilly and twisty roads. This was a long time ago and I obviously did not have the FIST but had a GTI and Civic SI and drove them pretty hard on those twisty roads, and it was always a blast.

Live here in Reno, NV and traveled to the ocean for the first time. Taking highway 20 was the most beautiful sight seeing and best twisty turns any FiST owners would love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
All of the back twisty roads where I used to live in Western Massachusetts. And also in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts- all hilly and twisty roads. This was a long time ago and I obviously did not have the FIST but had a GTI and Civic SI and drove them pretty hard on those twisty roads, and it was always a blast.
Yes, the roads around Great Barrington, and even west of there, into NY on RT. 22, north of RT. 23, in Hillsdale, are nice and 'serpentine'. [thumb]

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #51
Took Clarkson out for some fresh mountain air. Drove up Azusa Canyon Rd as far as I could. Road was blocked at about 5200 ft elevation. The drive was clear of other cars above the 2000 ft level. It wasn't the Transfăgărășan Highway, but as far as the San Gabriel Valley is concerned, it was the "best driving road...IN THE WORLD"....at least today it was.

20200514_140159[1]s.jpg
20200514_135436[1]s.jpg

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=5d44...25102~-117.860571&lvl=13&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Fiestig

What is the best road on which you've driven your FiST? Whether it's because of the challenging curves, the scenery, or the speed you can go, let others know.

For me, it was the drive down the PCH between Monterey, CA. and the Hearst Castle at San Simeon, CA.

Damn straight skippy. This is pretty much my backyard. Alot of driving fun all the way through Big Sur and beyond. Weekend traffic can ruin the fun so I stick to weekdays. Further north does get a little sketchy at times with road quality and insane blind curves, I think around humboldt county

Last edited:
I did the PCH back in the early aughts in my old Saab SPG. Last summer some buddies and I did a California weekend and rented cars from Turo- I got a Z4M, one guy got a Jag F-Type (he likes 'em big) and the third got an Alfa 4C. The Alfa decided not to run from time to time, and the Jaguar wasn't the best handling car of the bunch, bt I was pretty happy- the S54 is a hell of a motor to have in front of you along Angel's Crest.
IMG_3205.JPG

Edit: I forgot this was FiST-specific. The Parks highway between Anchorage and Fairbanks can be beautiful and fairly devoid of other people on the road during our long Alaskan summers.

Last edited:

SPhilli911

I have no actual pictures, sadly was too busy enjoying the drive to stop, but the best road so far I've driven the Fiesta is the Kancamagus Highway NH. This year I had planned to do a cross country road trip including a drive to the Tail of the Dragon down in NC, but I am not sure any of that will happen now.