Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacement for clutch assist spring?

So I know Steeda makes a clutch spring replacement for the Focus ST. I contacted them and they said they are unsure if it will also work on the Fiesta. Has anyone used any type of other replacement spring like the Hillman #47 that the FoST guys use? I don’t want to just remove the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been working on prototyping and distributing a clutch return spring for the Fiesta ST, however its still in its infancy, we have no idea what the market is like for these and getting a custom spring made requires to buy a few hundred... they aren't cheap!

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I've been working on prototyping and distributing a clutch return spring for the Fiesta ST, however its still in its infancy, we have no idea what the market is like for these and getting a custom spring made requires to buy a few hundred... they aren't cheap!
Well I’ll go ahead and say I would definitely be in for that! I know plenty of guys that have removed it entirely but I won’t go that route. If you need a guinea pig let me know. I might try a Home Depot special if nobody else has anything in mind.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I’ll go ahead and say I would definitely be in for that! I know plenty of guys that have removed it entirely but I won’t go that route. If you need a guinea pig let me know. I might try a Home Depot special if nobody else has anything in mind.

I popped mine out but I ended up hating it, it was nice for like 15 minutes and then it was horrible. When my friend gets back from his trip we will work on getting it sized properly and rated.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I popped mine out but I ended up hating it, it was nice for like 15 minutes and then it was horrible. When my friend gets back from his trip we will work on getting it sized properly and rated.
Great thanks. If you can remember this thread so I can let some guys in my area know that’s it’s available it would be appreciated.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just thought you'd like an update... We've gotten measurements and are working on finding out what the Steeda FoST spring rate is so that we can prototype a few springs. Cost should be around what the FoST kit costs from Steeda.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Just thought you'd like an update... We've gotten measurements and are working on finding out what the Steeda FoST spring rate is so that we can prototype a few springs. Cost should be around what the FoST kit costs from Steeda.
Awesome! Like I said if you want a tester besides your own cars I’ll volunteer. Thanks for the update.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Awesome! Like I said if you want a tester besides your own cars I’ll volunteer. Thanks for the update.

Personally I feel like every FiST is entirely different. My clutch is light, my partners is heavy, some of our other friends are somewhere in between. It makes no sense to me (hello Ford QC). But I'm definitely down to get some springs out to test if/when we get that far.

Joeshmoe

Just curious what you ever found out? Wether you found a solution, or do you still have the measurements so i could try to find another spring eithout popping mine out?