Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cost effective ways of reducing torque steer...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I wonder if its the same B6 transmission that we use, with an added limited slip...
Limited slip is an option anyway, otherwise it almost certainly is... it's for the most part a great transmission, they just have to get the axles and how much fluid to put in it down...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I would assume its the same with some improvements. But the LSD from it should work on the US 14-19 st
I'm sure that LSD could be added to ours over here, but why would you pay like $2000 for it when you can just get an mFactory for $650? I mean, of course some people would want factory parts if possible, but FiST's aren't exactly collectors cars to worry about either, hehe...

me32

1000 Post Club
I'm sure that LSD could be added to ours over here, but why would you pay like $2000 for it when you can just get an mFactory for $650? I mean, of course some people would want factory parts if possible, but FiST's aren't exactly collectors cars to worry about either, hehe...
I agree..untill we actually get some more info and actual long term use on the new LSD i cant see why anyone would want to pay $2000 for one over ones for $650.

A7xogg

If you have an accessport, enable the cobb t.c. system and change it to the 3-6 setting. This totally changes the car

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
If you have an accessport, enable the cobb t.c. system and change it to the 3-6 setting. This totally changes the car
Yep, I had Jason of Dizzy set mine for 3 and On by default... Helps with the wheel spin for sure but torque steer is still bad.

Yeah I need some help in this department after installing my X-47. The torque steer is fairly bad that I don't really get on it as much as I'd like to.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Yeah I need some help in this department after installing my X-47. The torque steer is fairly bad that I don't really get on it as much as I'd like to.
What other upgrades do you have as far as suspension or chassis?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I have a rear engine mount and a 2-point brace in the hatch/trunk but that's it.
OK, well, you definitely can use some front end upgrades with that hybrid, I'll be installing the traction bar and motor mount inserts a week from Sunday so we'll see how much that helps.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree..untill we actually get some more info and actual long term use on the new LSD i cant see why anyone would want to pay $2000 for one over ones for $650.
I was thinking more along the lines of waiting a few years and then importing an entire transmission assembly.

Didn't the ST200 Mk7.5 also have an LSD? Or was it only the shorter drive ratio?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
I was thinking more along the lines of waiting a few years and then importing an entire transmission assembly.

Didn't the ST200 Mk7.5 also have an LSD? Or was it only the shorter drive ratio?
Don't think any previous gens had an LSD at all...

me32

1000 Post Club

That wouldnt be a bad option if in a couple years you can get the whole trans with LSD already installed.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just did some internet research. The ST200 only has the shorter FD ratio (4.02 vs 3.82 in the standard FiST), no LSD. So it may be worth waiting to see if the 2018s have the same B6 gearbox/bellhousing. If so then I don't see why we couldn't just bring one over here and drop it in. Its just a shame our traction control algorithms do not play well with an LSD.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Just did some internet research. The ST200 only has the shorter FD ratio (4.02 vs 3.82 in the standard FiST), no LSD. So it may be worth waiting to see if the 2018s have the same B6 gearbox/bellhousing. If so then I don't see why we couldn't just bring one over here and drop it in. Its just a shame our traction control algorithms do not play well with an LSD.
Hmmm, the way I had been described/understood in how adding an aftermarket LSD works is that it should be working to help preventing the torque vectoring from kicking in as much... Is that what you mean by the traction control working with an LSD? I use a tune that has Cobb traction control enabled by default at setting 3 and so I usually just put it into Sport mode so the factory TC is defeated.

In other news, I got my Powerflex passenger side mount insert with upgraded bolt in, holy added vibes Batman! I can tell it's helping to prevent wheel hop that I would get in the wet with just an upgraded RMM, but since it's just a ring thicker than the stock one I'm wondering if it can be use by itself instead of added to the factory ring to bring vibes down some but still better than just the stock ring of course...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hmmm, the way I had been described/understood in how adding an aftermarket LSD works is that it should be working to help preventing the torque vectoring from kicking in as much... Is that what you mean by the traction control working with an LSD? I use a tune that has Cobb traction control enabled by default at setting 3 and so I usually just put it into Sport mode so the factory TC is defeated.
I also hit sport mode almost every time I drive the car. I was just under the impression that, like the FoST, traction had to be completely disabled every time you drive when an LSD is installed or else the system freaks out