Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SCT , Bully dog fined.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I wonder if Cobb will be hit next...

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

D

Ducky

I used to work for Superchips/Edge and they quit doing DPF deletes years ago for exactly this reason.

They're after people modding diesels. Turning off CELs is not something they're going to go after, but don't be surprised if Cobb's lawyers make them stop doing it anyway.

KKaWing

Feels like this blitz is for the rolling coal crowd. That said, now that they've had success in that area, maybe they'll go for the cat delete crowd /shrug.

The folks being sued (Harley Davidson was sued several years ago) sell pre-made, off the shelf tunes in their device that defeats the emissions devices. Cobb does NOT sell any pre-made off the shelf tunes that defeat any emissions devices. That is a significant difference. Cobb REQUIRES anyone who receives a copy of the software to complete an EFI University course that specifically addresses the emissions devices. In their view, the end user is responsible and the certificate of completion seals the deal on the user, not Cobb Tuning.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Orlando Sentinel: Sanford company faces $6.5M in penalties for disabling vehicles' emissions controls.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...sanford-emissions-penalty-20180924-story.html
Don't most of these Tuners sell their product with the disclaimer of "OFF ROAD USE ONLY"? ....I do know that most Off road/Track cars would never meet emissions standards. I think this is complete bullshit...its another way for The Bark eaters/Tree huggers to pick away at the world of performance for their satisfaction.

Don't most of these Tuners sell their product with the disclaimer of "OFF ROAD USE ONLY"? ....I do know that most Off road/Track cars would never meet emissions standards. I think this is complete bullshit...its another way for The Bark eaters/Tree huggers to pick away at the world of performance for their satisfaction.
In my country we have the same situation with..Bark eaters and Tree huggers…
Here, do any kind of car tuning, means like have a perfect target to punch...[:(]..
Wish them to hugger a cactus [hihi]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I love performance cars but we need to be honest if everybody was running catalytic converter free cars just an example of a mod that people do we would have some nasty hostile Air. If you want to run a high-flow cat with a lower cell count be my guest that's fine it's called compromise. if you are the guy who is running a car on the street, and you took the catalytic converter off your part of the problem that is going to ruin performance cars for everybody in the future. Catalytic converters are the best thing ever made for emissions on vehicles.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

zanethan

The folks being sued (Harley Davidson was sued several years ago) sell pre-made, off the shelf tunes in their device that defeats the emissions devices. Cobb does NOT sell any pre-made off the shelf tunes that defeat any emissions devices. That is a significant difference. Cobb REQUIRES anyone who receives a copy of the software to complete an EFI University course that specifically addresses the emissions devices. In their view, the end user is responsible and the certificate of completion seals the deal on the user, not Cobb Tuning.
This.

Also agree with Ford ST. There’s no reason to run a catless car these days. High-flow cats flow just as well.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I love performance cars but we need to be honest if everybody was running catalytic converter free cars just an example of a mod that people do we would have some nasty hostile Air. If you want to run a high-flow cat with a lower cell count be my guest that's fine it's called compromise. if you are the guy who is running a car on the street, and you took the catalytic converter off your part of the problem that is going to ruin performance cars for everybody in the future. Catalytic converters are the best thing ever made for emissions on vehicles.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I agree. The hp difference you get will NEVER be noticed on a street driven car. You'll pollute 100% of the time for the 0.1% of the time you would track your car for those that do even take theirs to the track. It's just so stupid and selfish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe it's against the law to even remove a working converter and replace it with a high flow. You must have a valid reason to remove and replace.

zanethan

I believe it's against the law to even remove a working converter and replace it with a high flow. You must have a valid reason to remove and replace.
As long as the high flow cat is 50 state legal it’s ok to swap them. At least that’s what I was told by a muffler shop several years ago.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I was under the impression the COBB stage 3 OTS Fiesta map "helps" keep the 02 sensor happy when using their downpipe

Mikey456

I agree with Ford St that we should keep the catalytic converters on. I used to make that mistake of doing that with my past cars. Now I have a family and want to make wiser choices. Besides there are a lot of other options with these turbo charge engines that I never had with my “chipped” N/A car.

Here in NYS if the car is CARB compliant, the converter you're installing on the car must also be CARB compliant.
Runs into some issues when you actually have to replace it on a car for an SES or exhaust leak and a CARB compliant cat isnt even available from the dealer.
Super fun telling customers their repair is going to be $3k plus for some OEM cats with no other options.
Failure to follow the law can be some SERIOUS fines.