Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Liquid Gold for your IB6 Fiesta ST transaxle......BG Syncro Shift II

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We just received our first delivery of BG Syncro Shift II @ whoosh !
I'm looking for a few hardcore Fiesta ST owners that would like to give our new Fluid of choice a try.
Post up and let me know....I'd really like to send some to owners that drag race, road race, or are pretty hard on their FiST for some good feedback
We've used BG Products in our Gen2 GSX Eclipse way back in the day. There is no question the fluid is like gold.

The product is available on our site and the product is eligible for the FIST5 discount

link to product>>>>https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/bg-syncro-shift-ii-synthetic-gear-lubricant-2014-fiesta-st-transmission-oil-service-kit

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I was getting kind of close to changing out the fluid in my transmission anyway. I will order some from your site and give some feedback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
thank you for the order

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
I've done OEM

MOTUL 300

and now on Motul DCTF and it's by far the best. It was a night and day difference. Curious on this but idk how much better it can get

we believe this product will be the best overall option
I'll have some honest reviews very soon rather than just dumping it in our car that barely sees light of day and state that it's great after 5 minutes of driving [thumb]

Who ever has not used BG products, They are [twothumb]. Ron, send some to [MENTION=6851]FiSTin[/MENTION], he beats on his car daily, its a gtx2860r with aux fuel car.

Last edited:

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I have the "Boomba Ultimate Shift Kit"

So I really get a ridged shifter. I don't notice it so much anymore but when I get into a stock car mine is like a bolt action. The final switch to the DCTF is when I started pressing the forum for the use of Gear oil when the car does not come with that. It's a clear fluid that flows like water.

I'd love to try it if you want to send me some. But can you send me some Motul DCTF again if the BG does not work out? Lol

Interesting we use BG at my work for regular ATF and then all their flush junk. Maybe I'll try this out

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've done OEM

MOTUL 300

and now on Motul DCTF and it's by far the best. It was a night and day difference. Curious on this but idk how much better it can get
Interesting... I bet that Motul DCTF and this stuff are both great, I had already ordered Ravenol MTF-2 before Ron launched this or had heard much about the Motuf DCTF, sigh... The MTF-2 is going in Saturday, we'll see.

Has anyone had the chance to switch to the BG fluid and would like to share their thoughts? I'm very curious how this compares to the Motul DCTF or Ravenol MTF-2.

I can't speak to how it compares to those others you mentioned, but I did change out my stock fluid to the liquid gold and it is much, much smoother shifting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Bumping this thread.. Does anyone have new info regarding this fluid? I’m due for a change and I don’t want to use 300 anymore. I’d rather have something that works in all temps and can withstand heavy track use.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
Bumping this thread.. Does anyone have new info regarding this fluid? I’m due for a change and I don’t want to use 300 anymore. I’d rather have something that works in all temps and can withstand heavy track use.
I don't think it's an exciting topic of discussion which is why there is a lack of feedback but I encourage you to give it a try
We flow through a few cases per week now fulfilling orders which has literally taken over all other brands I offer regardless of the price point

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Search my history if you would like

But long story short I rate this with the Motul DCTF as far as smoothness. Let's see what longevity looks like this time around. I've only had it in for a coupe weeks. I'm going to give the BG around 10k or so then try that Rav stuff out.

I think the benefit most you guys get is just from new fluid vs old stuff. Any change helps shifting.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Absolutely can't say anything bad about this fluid, but will just say that Ravonal MTF-2 does meet exact Ford spec if you wanted a no-brainer way to go, it really improved my gearbox performance over stock garbage fluid tremendously in both warm and cold temps.