Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Moving To Arizona; the land of 91 octane

My family and I will be moving to AZ in the coming months. I hear 93 is rare if available at all. Am I really going to be disappointed with using 91 instead of 93? I have a ‘16 FiST with a CAI, colder plugs, Cobb RMM, AP and intake spacer. For those of you who might live there, what fuel additives do you use? I’ll be purchasing a Dizzy tune when I get out there. All experiences/advice is welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I live in California and all we have is 91. Even E85 is hard to come by here in LA.

I have a Stratified tune for 91 and the car runs great. Unless the car makes crazy more power on 93 ( even E30 is only like 10hp more and a whole bunch of torque) you should be alright on 91.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If anything you will probably get used to any power loss there would be. Dont slam the go pedal for a lil while. Then when you do, "oh hey this car is quick" if you're like me I could only last 5 min so good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A lot of us are pro tuned on 91 out here with those exact mods you have. We do just fine. Go E30 if you want some more scoot

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
I live in California and all we have is 91. Even E85 is hard to come by here in LA.

I have a Stratified tune for 91 and the car runs great. Unless the car makes crazy more power on 93 ( even E30 is only like 10hp more and a whole bunch of torque) you should be alright on 91.

I hear their tune runs high boost pressure that some aren't comfortable with? What's youre peak boost?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
tell me about it

I rolled my RS off the car trailer in Vegas when I arrived then proceeded to the nearest gas station
"Babe, where the hell is 93 octane?" the highest here is 91....s#@t!!!!!

seriously

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
If anything you will probably get used to any power loss there would be. Dont slam the go pedal for a lil while. Then when you do, "oh hey this car is quick" if you're like me I could only last 5 min so good luck!

You're probably right about getting used to power loss. How expensive is 100 there?

GAbOS

NV, AZ and CA are 91 max. You won't find 93 at a pump anywhere in those 3 states.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
tell me about it

I rolled my RS off the car trailer in Vegas when I arrived then proceeded to the nearest gas station
"Babe, where the hell is 93 octane?" the highest here is 91....s#@t!!!!!

seriously
I know right?! I wonder what dictates what premium octane different states use? Thank goodness my tank is only 12.5 gallons.

dmb

A small secret, small out of the way airports have err some good gas to add to yours. av gas has a heating agent so...careful but i think e 30 is the way to go.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I know right?! I wonder what dictates what premium octane different states use? Thank goodness my tank is only 12.5 gallons.

this topic gets me heated lol
I was accustomed to 93 and 94 everywhere in PA, plus my buddy had a shop down the road with all octanes of race fuel

here in NV, 91 then I started using E85 mixed
but now all the stations here in NV are eliminating E85
So then I was running 100 octane for $8.50 per gallon because why not....
now some stations here are bringing back E85 but it's testing at E65-70
I give up!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
No idea. I just uploaded the tune and went on my merry way.

No issues yet.
I hear their tune runs high boost pressure that some aren't comfortable with? What's youre peak boost?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Last I checked in SoCal 100 Octane was almost 10 bucks a gallon!
You're probably right about getting used to power loss. How expensive is 100 there?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I normally use 93, but I went west and used quite a bit of 91 in my travels. I have a very mild tune.

There is a small difference, but it's not much. 3-4 hp, maybe? 5 torque? You might notice it if you were racing.

If anyone wants some good gas, ill fill up some e85 barrels out here in indy and send it to you. The gas station I go to has pure e85, and sometimes e90 that comes out the pump.

Business6

Moved from sea level to here 10 years ago. The car I had at that time just fell flat on its face due to the elevation and never felt the same.

93 wouldn't have helped that one but it sure as hell would make an improvement on the FiST. I think you can still get 98+ out at Miller, though

OP
T
Thread Starter #20
Moved from sea level to here 10 years ago. The car I had at that time just fell flat on its face due to the elevation and never felt the same.

93 wouldn't have helped that one but it sure as hell would make an improvement on the FiST. I think you can still get 98+ out at Miller, though
I sure hope it’s not going to be a letdown. The car runs great now at sea level w/93 and an OTS Cobb Stg 1 tune. I mean she really scoots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk