Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering Wheel Extension

So I'm wondering, is there a way to extend the length of the steering wheel? I'm tall so I have to sit back in the car, but I would like the wheel a few inches closer to me...

Has anyone done this? Is it even possible, or even worth exploring? Ideally I'd like to keep my OEM wheel....just move it a bit closer to me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Are you aware that the factory steering wheel is telescoping? Just making sure.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #3
Yes, but I want like another 3" out of it...Although today I had something odd happen:

I pulled it to its aftmost position before I left, just trying to readjust it before my drive. I had someone cut me off and I had to brake hard and it slid forward about an inch. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I pulled it past where I was supposed to or maybe my locking mechanism wasn't engaged properly. But when I hit the brakes it definitely slid forward a little and now I'm concerned about doing anything to it other than figuring out why that happened....

I have the same "problem".
My seat is in the perfect position for my legs and in general pretty comfortable, but the steering wheel is just 1-2 inches to far away even though it is telescoped all the way out.

I found this Italian website and they seem to offer a spacer for the steering wheel.
https://www.spacershop.com/en/product/steering-wheel-spacer-ford-fiesta-focus-2/
Does anybody here have experience with them ?
Or is there an alternative from the US ?

slopoke

Due to the liability issues, I would imagine that you would have to design and build something yourself.

That’s why I mentioned the store from Italy, and it seems they already found a solution. I’m just not sure about them. I don’t want to kill myself with this 😊.