Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heel-Toe in the FiST??

Loving my car so far, but how do you Heel-Toe in a FiST? The brakes are way too touchy to press down far enough to where my foot can actually reach the gas.

I've heard of a "Nopistons" pedal spacer... Does this help at all and does anyone have any other part recommendations, tips, or other useful info?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I use OMP pedal covers which lessen the gap between the brake and gas pedal. Rev matching is easy on the street AND on the track. A gas pedal riser makes rev matching easy on the street but just about impossible on the track.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
I use OMP pedal covers which lessen the gap between the brake and gas pedal. Rev matching is easy on the street AND on the track. A gas pedal riser makes rev matching easy on the street but just about impossible on the track.
Which OMP model do you use?

You need the garageline throttle pedal spacer. Just get it
It is a good unit, but I ultimately sold mine. Even adjusted as far to the right as possible, the gas pedal was still too laterally close to the brake pedal for me. Also, under full braking, the thickness of the GL spacer made the gas pedal a bit higher than the brake pedal, making heel-and-toe'ing awkward for my feet.

If they made it half as thick, I would probably buy one again, though. I will say that the stock pedal setup is fine for me to heel-and-toe when fully braking. I got the GL spacer for those times when I wasn't fully braking because then heel-and-toe'ing is definitely not so easy to do smoothly.

The GL spacer is worth a shot to try out if the stock setup really bugs you, though. If you hate it, sell it for a slight loss. No biggie. I do like the principle of it a lot. My favorite layout is still the stock setup in my old '06 Miata. Wish I could transplant that into the FiST!

KKaWing

I did a small sized Razo pedal cover, it raised it just a tad and made it wider. Worked out well for me.

A7xogg

I just roll my foot over, and if you can't do the sensitivity of normal street driving heel toe, then when on track it's only gonna get worse

SrsBsns

You need the garageline throttle pedal spacer. Just get it
+1

The GL spacer made a HUGE difference for me.

With the left part of my foot on the brake, I can simply roll the right side onto the throttle making blips for downshifts super easy.

This space and an upgraded RMM are two simple mods that make a huge difference in how the car drives.

Last edited:

SST

I also did the same thing like Woods247, order a set of cheapo gas pedals form Aliexpress, only use the gas pedal.
works well on street, haven't have a chance to track mine yet.

*edit* mine only clamp on, so i didn't have to drill my stock pedals. but may look into that option since those OMP or Sparco looks much better

OP
B
Thread Starter #14
I ordered the OMP pedals. Going to be installing sometime this week/weekend

People stress way too much over this it's a learned skill not a necessity. When I'm in my work boots no heel toe shifting is going to happen.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Talking about work boots, it comes to mind my grandpa...He wore 12.5 shoes [unbelieveable] I think he had not any problem to make heel toe [giggle] [hihi]