Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    RI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Savagegeese reviewed the FiST!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I’m a fan of his work, and I really appreciated what he had to say. All in all, it felt pretty accurate to how I feel,.. wanted to share.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d'oh you beat me
    Stop using Photobucket to host your images!
    Now: 2014 Molten Orange
    Then: 04 Miata, 00 Miata, 91 Miata, etc etc

Senior Member 240 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still don't agree that the interior is THAT bad for the price at all, and sorry '14-'15 owners, but the improvements for the '16+ are pretty significant... and the guy says "you don't really track a Fiesta ST..." huh?
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC for aggressive driving. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete, Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated tip, Powerflex passenger side engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and TB Performance Traction Bar on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Still don't agree that the interior is THAT bad for the price at all, and sorry '14-'15 owners, but the improvements for the '16+ are pretty significant... and the guy says "you don't really track a Fiesta ST..." huh?
    I don't even know what the 16 improved upon outside of Sync. But the materials themselves for the interior are dog shit cheap. Again, I personally don't care but it's something that comes to mind when I touch them.

In regards to the tracking comment I was surprised by that as well as it seemed curiously dismissive. But I don't think there's any arguing that, especially in stock form, it's a far more sensible option for autocross over track.

Also surprised that he didn't mention the down low torque, heat soak (implied it in the shop section) and not even a complaint of the symposer, lol.

New Member 25 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Even though he's consistently dour and is prone to attempts at humor that indicate he thinks his viewers are mainly homophobic bros, I think Mr. Goose (Geese?) is one of the best automotive YouTube reviewers for a couple of reasons: He can really drive (has extensive track experience and has owned a Lotus, S2000, etc.), so his assessment of a car's dynamics are far more credible than most. Plus he has a fairly objective consumer advice component to his reviews, which is better than being a relentless fanboy or purely snarky (Regular Car Reviews).

I agree that he may be a little too harsh about the interior materials, but given that he mostly reviews things at much higher price points (as does DeMuro), it's probably a shock to see so much low-grade plastic, etc. And he's not wrong about the ride, though things can be done about that. But given the credibility I think he has, it was great to hear how much he appreciates the FiST's driving dynamics. And considering that the car he borrowed overheated during the day he drove it, he was being fair by not bashing it for supposed reliability issues.

Of course, who cares what YouTube reviewers think, right?
    Now: 2017 Fiesta ST (Magnetic) | Past: 2004 SVT Focus, 2002 MINI Cooper, 2000 Honda Civic Si, 1991 Mazda Miata, and others best not mentioned

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Business6 View Post
    I don't even know what the 16 improved upon outside of Sync. But the materials themselves for the interior are dog shit cheap. Again, I personally don't care but it's something that comes to mind when I touch them.

In regards to the tracking comment I was surprised by that as well as it seemed curiously dismissive. But I don't think there's any arguing that, especially in stock form, it's a far more sensible option for autocross over track.

Also surprised that he didn't mention the down low torque, heat soak (implied it in the shop section) and not even a complaint of the symposer, lol.
    Re-designed head for better cooling, better axle seals that don't leak, revised suspension that is better balanced (mid '16+), better motor mount, more real rubber instead of plastic under the hood... https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ough-the-Years

But yeah no interior changes other than removing the lighting near the glove box due to glare while driving.. and yeah, it's econobox with cheap plastics but at least it's functional and modern design... Factory intercooler is actually better than most other turbo cars stock ones and is only an issue if you do multiple pulls in the heat. Only reason to worry about the Symposer at all is if you are tuned and want to eliminate a possible source of boost leak and/or have exhaust or intake mods for more noise, otherwise the hate on it is retarded... That said, I'm removing mine this weekend since I run a 27 PSI e30 tune and am simply swapping out the stock muffler for a glasspack to get a bit more sound.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC for aggressive driving. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete, Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated tip, Powerflex passenger side engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and TB Performance Traction Bar on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksvtguy170 View Post
    Even though he's consistently dour and is prone to attempts at humor that indicate he thinks his viewers are mainly homophobic bros, I think Mr. Goose (Geese?) is one of the best automotive YouTube reviewers for a couple of reasons: He can really drive (has extensive track experience and has owned a Lotus, S2000, etc.), so his assessment of a car's dynamics are far more credible than most. Plus he has a fairly objective consumer advice component to his reviews, which is better than being a relentless fanboy or purely snarky (Regular Car Reviews).

I agree that he may be a little too harsh about the interior materials, but given that he mostly reviews things at much higher price points (as does DeMuro), it's probably a shock to see so much low-grade plastic, etc. And he's not wrong about the ride, though things can be done about that. But given the credibility I think he has, it was great to hear how much he appreciates the FiST's driving dynamics. And considering that the car he borrowed overheated during the day he drove it, he was being fair by not bashing it for supposed reliability issues.

Of course, who cares what YouTube reviewers think, right?
    Heh, of course us as owners know all the fixes to little things, like if you want a bit softer ride and look better just go with Eibach springs... but the '14-'15 is under RECALL for the cooling issue, that means it's so bad it's a safety issue, he or the owner should know this...

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love his reviews especially like ksvtguy170 said abut his track driving background becasue you can truly appreciate a car that has a purpose at a price point.
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2(Future Mods Hybrid turbo)

Member #
    Medals
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Re-designed head for better cooling, better axle seals that don't leak, revised suspension that is better balanced (mid '16+), better motor mount, more real rubber instead of plastic under the hood... https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ough-the-Years

But yeah no interior changes other than removing the lighting near the glove box due to glare while driving.. and yeah, it's econobox with cheap plastics but at least it's functional and modern design... Factory intercooler is actually better than most other turbo cars stock ones and is only an issue if you do multiple pulls in the heat. Only reason to worry about the Symposer at all is if you are tuned and want to eliminate a possible source of boost leak and/or have exhaust or intake mods for more noise, otherwise the hate on it is retarded... That said, I'm removing mine this weekend since I run a 27 PSI e30 tune and am simply swapping out the stock muffler for a glasspack to get a bit more sound.
    Ahh, interesting. If anything happens to my '14 I know what to look for, haha.

Regarding the interior I'm fine with it being cheap because I know what it is and what I got the car for. But that doesn't mean that, even for an econobox, they couldn't improve upon some stuff. And looking around at the rest of the interior the piano black plastic in the center is just terribly out of place. I'll disagree about the intercooler, though, because that thing is simply not up to the task of hot summers. No need to even qualify the poor performance from doing pulls: it can't deal with 120-140 degree surface temperatures on top of managing charge air temps. It's even worse at night because the roads haven't cooled down at all even hours after the sun sets and it's still 90º+ at 10pm. And before you ask yes, I have a new fmic waiting to be installed :P

I didn't mention the symposer as a concern but simply because it's brought up in almost every review and almost every review still gets it wrong in regards to it being "fake" sound. I personally didn't mind it but it was difficult to talk in the car at highway speeds when you needed any type of throttle as well. I'm glad it's blocked off now just for that specific reason and to remove a potential boost leak. I do think it gets too much hate as well

Member #
    Medals
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksvtguy170 View Post
    Even though he's consistently dour and is prone to attempts at humor that indicate he thinks his viewers are mainly homophobic bros
    He must get some really weird messages because it comes up far more often than it should otherwise. All the reviewers have their faults and many of them simply try too hard at humor when it clearly isn't their strong point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast