Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will an ST ever make it back to America?

Not with the direction Ford is taking by removing every small car from it's lineup. At least not for a 5+ years IMO.

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #3
The veloster N is looking more appealing now that Ford has left us high and dry. I live in South Texas, and there are so many trucks and SUVs here it's insane. I wish people appreciated small fun to drive cars more!

zanethan

I see ford knocking on the door of bankruptcy in 5-10 years if we’re being honest. Credit rating in the crapper, surrendering an entire market, an electric mustang suv/crossover?!?!, disorganization, a billion in lost profits from trade wars, and a floundering/haphazardly thrown together plan for the future. Under Hackett Ford will be lucky to see 2030.

dmb

I know. but I love my 18 f-150 2.8 tt 28 mpg on LA fwys can't wait to put her on the road. but I can't seem to get out of the FiST, on 100 mile trips. Oh well Vegas for the next big gun show. Sucky drive thou. 2 million cars on a 10 thousand car road.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I see ford knocking on the door of bankruptcy in 5-10 years if we’re being honest. Credit rating in the crapper, surrendering an entire market, an electric mustang suv/crossover?!?!, disorganization, a billion in lost profits from trade wars, and a floundering/haphazardly thrown together plan for the future. Under Hackett Ford will be lucky to see 2030.
I gotta agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. If we get a gas crunch Ford is toast.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I 100% agree with this statement....I don't even call him Hackett...Its Hatchet with what way he is taking ford...I don't even capitalize the F in ford anymore.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
No, I don't ever see the ST or the Fiesta returning to the US markets. I also don't see Ford going under. The strategic plan is aligned with the market and future market. I give Hackett another year with the current stock price decline before he is out. That won't change things too much because the product portfolio is already changing to align with the market.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
No, I don't ever see the ST or the Fiesta returning to the US markets. I also don't see Ford going under. The strategic plan is aligned with the market and future market. I give Hackett another year with the current stock price decline before he is out. That won't change things too much because the product portfolio is already changing to align with the market.

Future market can change as it has in past. People always want what we don’t have.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Future market can change as it has in past. People always want what we don’t have.
I expect it will take 15-20 years for a market shift and the market is already poised to be at autonomous by then. That is the next big market shift. It won't be towards small sport compact cars. Younger people don't want to drive, older people will be too old to drive, and technology is pushing autonomous to solve both issues. I have sat in enough press events, speaking engagements, read enough reports, and follow the market enough to agree with what the market shift will be. Technology will move the market. Nobody went back to carbs after fuel injection. Nobody went back to horse after the car. Nobody went back to sailing ships after the jet airliner. Nobody is going back to small cars.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I expect it will take 15-20 years for a market shift and the market is already poised to be at autonomous by then. That is the next big market shift. It won't be towards small sport compact cars. Younger people don't want to drive, older people will be too old to drive, and technology is pushing autonomous to solve both issues. I have sat in enough press events, speaking engagements, read enough reports, and follow the market enough to agree with what the market shift will be. Technology will move the market. Nobody went back to carbs after fuel injection. Nobody went back to horse after the car. Nobody went back to sailing ships after the jet airliner. Nobody is going back to small cars.

Man you have all the answers. What will the mega millions numbers be ?

Jerickson88

These are such fun little cars, but they aren’t needed. They are marketing an ST SUV. I doubt we will see hot hatches again, for a very long time.

They aren’t feasible in our market anymore. Drop in sales proved it. What, are they gonna make a Fiesta ST for a handful of people that wanna trade their old one in for? The way that some guys on this forum treat their Car, they might as well be Ferrari’s. Nothing wrong with that, but folks need to quit getting worked up over a sub 25k car that is being canceled. Piss on Ford, get something else when you’re done with the Fiesta.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
There was a news item in Motor Trend that claimed Ford could make 14,000 a year on each autonomous vehicle. They didn't elaborate.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Man you have all the answers. What will the mega millions numbers be ?
I wish I knew what those were! Part of my job is researching and planning for future transportation products. While it isn't for passenger cars, many of the same data points that I use are tied to passenger cars. I have been studying the future of transportation for the past few years. It can be horribly depressing.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I wish I knew what those were! Part of my job is researching and planning for future transportation products. While it isn't for passenger cars, many of the same data points that I use are tied to passenger cars. I have been studying the future of transportation for the past few years. It can be horribly depressing.
Is the movie "Wallie" an accurate scenario ?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Is the movie "Wallie" an accurate scenario ?
There have been times when I think Wall-E might be more accurate than we want to think. There are all sorts of articles and studies warning of AI and over reliance on automation. Typically, technology has always been the limiting factor. Now it is getting close to where technology isn't the limiting factor. There are countless articles about the ethics of the future of transportation, environmental impact, human wellness, home design, city design, just about everything. Nothing suggests this shift in transportation won't happen, the only question is when.