Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Acceptable misfire

Hello long time lurker here, over 4 years now finally made an account. I am at 86k Cobb stage 1 Injen intake. I started monitoring knock and misfire count after I put in new spark plugs. A code hasn’t been thrown but I’ll get misfires going to work (less than ten) ~10 miles of driving. Since a code hasn’t been thrown does that mean everything is okay? I thought misfire was a bad thing. Does anybody else get misfires read on ap but not have a code thrown?

Hello long time lurker here, over 4 years now finally made an account. I am at 86k Cobb stage 1 Injen intake. I started monitoring knock and misfire count after I put in new spark plugs. A code hasn’t been thrown but I’ll get misfires going to work (less than ten) ~10 miles of driving. Since a code hasn’t been thrown does that mean everything is okay? I thought misfire was a bad thing. Does anybody else get misfires read on ap but not have a code thrown?

So this is a very good question. Short answer is probably no. There is an acceptable number of misfires per 1000 rpm. The big thing to watch is ignition correction(ign cor cyl 1-4 on the ap)

This blog post is a big help. I think this company is a little reputable. 🤷🏼*♂️

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/misfires-and-the-ecoboost-when-should-you-worry/

Also, you can call Cobb and ask them and they are super helpful in explaining some of this in detail too. I always liked hearing things from a couple different sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, I read that article and I guess if no code is thrown then everything should be okay. As for ignition correction I haven’t seen any negative timing and no knock recorded. If anyone else sees misfires recorded on ap but no code please share.

A7xogg

You probably have some carbon build up and it misfires slightly till it's warmed up 100% which is why on short trips you notice it