Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Edge ST vs. Focus ST vs. Fiesta ST race

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
[video=youtube;OS6REj5X4Tg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS6REj5X4Tg[/video]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Yep. F’n dumb. It’s nice to hear them push the you need room bs. Bigger is better. Sorry that’s not a drivers car. I can’t autocross that dumb slap a badge overpriced pos. Next the f150 will have st trim.

Screw ford. Hope they sink with the hack on board.

Yep. F’n dumb. It’s nice to hear them push the you need room bs. Bigger is better. Sorry that’s not a drivers car. I can’t autocross that dumb slap a badge overpriced pos. Next the f150 will have st trim.

Screw ford. Hope they sink with the hack on board.
Technically that’d be the SVT Raptor no?

Way to piss all over the reputation of the ST, Ford. It's a very passive-aggressive response to enthusiasts' criticism of killing the ST/RS car lines and sticking the badge on an SUV. I don't have a problem with the Edge ST existing, but why is it necessary for Ford to pretend that prior ST cars were crap in comparison? Adding a ton of horsepower is easy. Let's move that contest over to an autocross or road course and see how great that heavy SUV is.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
ford and gm are both a disgrace to this Country.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
But hey Logano drives one it must be ok! Right? FTS! Put that Pile of re-badged shit against a Modded FiST Or FoST or hell even a FoRS....Make the HP game the same and all 3 of these will walk on that Dumpster fire. KIA or Hyundai Here I come! [wave]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Responses in this thread seem way overblown.
I suspect these responses are really aimed at the fact that Ford is said to be dropping everything smaller than the big'ol Mustang/Fusion sedans.

They're responding to market pressures.
It'll sell... here.

Ignoring global trends is partly what got them into trouble in the recent past. So they've adjusted their business model to localize their production and sales. They'll keep manufacturing and selling non-huge vehicles in other nations.

While GM quit selling a hot hatch, Ford is planning to ditch everything smaller than 'stang, Fusion, AND Trumpet is talking about pulling R&D incentives for Electric vehicles, saw an a couple of days ago from one of the foreign nameplates boasting a non-huge performance hatch.

I expect to see a FiSTE in the next future…..Imagine?....An electric spoortcar [ridinghorse]…..I consider myself lucky and proud to be a Reeeal FiST owner..[wink][:p][thankyou]…….
Probably, in the next future.…..(A famous movie soundtrack on air)….

"Space,the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starfist Electricpride. It's five-years mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no driver has gone before!

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I read a great article in S3 magazine about Ford just giving up on the whole ST car world. I couldn't find it online to post a link but I took a couple pictures of it maybe y'all can read it?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That article sums it up. My wife was in need of new vehicle this past summer. We originally were set on an edge or flex but when ford pulled all this bs I no longer wanted one or recommend a ford as I have in past. A new Subaru got purchased instead of a ford.

Ford made the Edge ST for shareholders and big heads. It's a low risk move and they are trying to still get the "enthusiast" crowd... they are way off base to think this SUV will get received after pulling their car line up.
Maybe they will get some better leadership and realize about what "ST" means to us.

Imagine Honda slapping a "R" badge on a CRV...

And just a comment on this race... AWD + larger deplacement engine and turbo... that's just a whole lot of "DUH". Let's see what happens after a few corners and hard braking.

don't despair... if the economy tanks again (which it will) and fuel prices go up (which they will), cars will come back... it's a cycle.