Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Edge ST vs. Focus ST vs. Fiesta ST race

travs_st

Yeah, that is why I ran out and got another Fiesta ST, while they are still available in like new condition on the used market. The likes of this car will not be seen again here in the USA for quite a while. The modern day CRX Si, which is both a compliment and a rueful lament. [sadpanda]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
They'd better be all in on their commitment to never sell cars here again, because this cowardly, insulting behavior is ensuring that we'd never consider another Ford vehicle even if they changed their minds. Screw Ford.
Who is the "we"? I'll be happy to buy a car from Ford when Americans come to their senses.........They will someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
All the financial articles I keep reading predict ford is going to go bankrupt.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I find it funny that all of the people that loved the rebates buying our cars could not see the handwriting on the wall. Ford car sales were down in 2019 by 41% over 2018. Because of the constant weak market for the ST's we were all or I should say those with car buying sense got great deals. Stole my 2016 FiST and our 2019 Mustang GT with great rebates. Did not take a genius to see the end was coming in the USA. My daughter came to her senses and dumped her Honda Pilot for a new FiST. GM stated they lose $30K on every new Vette sale. Seems stupid to me to sell cars at a loss but they can't give away Camaros and who would pay over $100K for an OHV engine Vette! No small car is burning the market up in the USA. Bad transmissions was the death blow to the pedestrian Fiesta and Focus buyers guides said to run like hell from them. Too bad thousands of others did not buy small cars and we might still have small performance cars. Ford will continue to make great small performance cars in the rest of the world.and will bring them back when the market changes. This is America home of the "BIG" fine car and the "BIG" fine house, "Biggie" size food and every other product on the store shelves that say 20% larger! We are programmed by Madison Ave. that "bigger is better"! Stupid!

Mikey456

All the financial articles I keep reading predict ford is going to go bankrupt.

I read somewhere that Ford lost the case in the lawsuit with the focus/fiesta auto transmission issues. I think they have to buy back the cars for approx 20k each. That sure won’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I read somewhere that Ford lost the case in the lawsuit with the focus/fiesta auto transmission issues. I think they have to buy back the cars for approx 20k each. That sure won’t help.

No it won't but they screwed people over and they knew about it. I guess enough of their engineers finally got a guilty conscience when the economy got better, and spoke out that made a huge difference in that lawsuit. I don't feel bad for Ford. I do feel bad for the everyday employees.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This isn't the engineers Fault....They told ferd about this issue of the trans being a dry clutch type not wet clutch type and warned ferd about the catastrophe looming on the horizon if It was put into production without solving the issue. But ferd in their we know more than you ya silly engineer.... went ahead and released the vehicle knowing of the issue anyways.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Looked up some info. Don't think it will be a big deal for Ford. The Settlement will pay from $20 up to $22K. To get money you have to prove the car went in for service 3 times or more. The only buy back will be what is already authorized by State lemon laws and cars with 4 "qualifying" repairs in 5 years. If you had a transmission replaced you get a little over $2300. It appears to apply to the original owners only as it says people that have sold the car will still qualify for service issues while you owned it. They had already bought back thousands of cars spending more than the amount of this settlement ($47 million) so I doubt there will be that many more to buy back. The average settlement will be the $20-$2300 it seems and probably leans towards the smaller side. The settlement was for a minimum of $30 million before the Lawyers get paid and they will get probably $8-10 million. If that leaves $22 million that would only buy back 1000 more cars. Since this was never a recall issue Ford gets off pretty lightly. Best part is with the millions still on the road Ford will make the money back on future repairs from people that bought one used, LOL! And check this out " you'll need to submit arbitration notices by Oct. 6, 2020. Wait any later, and you can kiss your cash goodbye."

Mikey456

Looked up some info. Don't think it will be a big deal for Ford. The Settlement will pay from $20 up to $22K. To get money you have to prove the car went in for service 3 times or more. The only buy back will be what is already authorized by State lemon laws and cars with 4 "qualifying" repairs in 5 years. If you had a transmission replaced you get a little over $2300. It appears to apply to the original owners only as it says people that have sold the car will still qualify for service issues while you owned it. They had already bought back thousands of cars spending more than the amount of this settlement ($47 million) so I doubt there will be that many more to buy back. The average settlement will be the $20-$2300 it seems and probably leans towards the smaller side. The settlement was for a minimum of $30 million before the Lawyers get paid and they will get probably $8-10 million. If that leaves $22 million that would only buy back 1000 more cars. Since this was never a recall issue Ford gets off pretty lightly. Best part is with the millions still on the road Ford will make the money back on future repairs from people that bought one used, LOL! And check this out " you'll need to submit arbitration notices by Oct. 6, 2020. Wait any later, and you can kiss your cash goodbye."
You are right. I stand corrected... it’s all about the details. ^^^^

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Who is the "we"? I'll be happy to buy a car from Ford when Americans come to their senses.........They will someday.
Yeah support "'merigun" "based" business... while we still have them.

But right now, in terms of 'meriguns coming to our senses... considering the toilet paper isles... it don't look good.

Yeah support "'merigun" "based" business... while we still have them.

But right now, in terms of 'meriguns coming to our senses... considering the toilet paper isles... it don't look good.
It's so bad in some places that store employees that bought their one pack of TP before the store opens have to sneak them out in boxes so customers that missed out don't start fighting over it.

Because of my job, I can say I've heard this story everywhere I've been this week, and seen it happen once.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This isn't the engineers Fault....They told ferd about this issue of the trans being a dry clutch type not wet clutch type and warned ferd about the catastrophe looming on the horizon if It was put into production without solving the issue. But ferd in their we know more than you ya silly engineer.... went ahead and released the vehicle knowing of the issue anyways.
Its really kind of funny as that type of mindset at Ford goes back a long way. The built the Pinto knowing that if a car hit it hard it could explode due to Gas tank location. That was in the 70’s they were sued for that as well. It was another case of they did a calculated risk vs odds situation. They figured it was minimal they lost because they were aware it could be an issue.
If you watch Ford vs Ferrari that same mindset was present at the highest most levels of the Company as one of the main guys answering to Henry Ford the II was actually trying to outguess Carroll Shelby and his choices at almost every turn( lol no pun intended) .
Fact is its not surprising they have suffered from that. Ford has been known notoriously for one that likes to prove people wrong and once they have made their point taking their toys and going home.
Its a corporate issue at Ford.

Ya to top it off most of the original owners have sold their Focus , so they may not get a payment if they did not claim and second hand owners are not eligible. Ask me how I know . Lol I was a second hand owner of a DCT Focus. It worked great for me I did have to replace a TCM under the extended warranty but the car shifted smoothly yet it did do the hill rollback tango. It also did the rev up like a spun clutch driving the down the freeway occasionally. I just took it all in stride and managed to log 40k on the car doing ridesharte for fun and extra cash. Till rideshare became not worth it and I got sick of it. LOL
None the less car drove great when I sold It.

Last edited:

Mikey456

It's so bad in some places that store employees that bought their one pack of TP before the store opens have to sneak them out in boxes so customers that missed out don't start fighting over it.

Because of my job, I can say I've heard this story everywhere I've been this week, and seen it happen once.
People can use hot water and soap. Used to clean babies that way.... or plumb a bidet in your bathroom. LOL

Waiting for a Bronco ST or Bronco Raptor, next up Edge RS lol which at the 2020 DC autoshow one of the Ford Reps said that they have talked about a Edge RS. Different suspension, different look, and more HP. I don't care how it runs at a track never understood people wanting to road course a SUV but if it would run a 12 sec 1/4 mile from the factory and be 5 passenger SUV would sell my current Edge to get that unless it would be something stupid like 60K. Don't get me wrong love my Fiesta ST but I still need my SUV for trips to lowes, family trips, etc.

I’d buy an Escape ST if it had 300+hp. I’d never sell my FiST but the FoST would have to go.

I’d buy an Escape ST if it had 300+hp. I’d never sell my FiST but the FoST would have to go.
I agree with that, I had a 2014 Escape with the 2.0 Liter eco-boost FWD and although it wasn't going to out run mustangs or the like for a small SUV 240hp and 275tq it really ran good. And like everything out there some guys on the Escape forum got theirs tuned and they claimed it was a whole different animal. So yea an Escape with the 2.3L and 300+ hp I would sell my Edge for that :)

DoomsdayMelody

Why though? The escape is built on the same bones as the focus, its just higher off of the ground and also has a taller cabin. Center of gravity is fucked, even if you were to lower it it on focus ST springs, it’s going to handle worse because the physical body is taller without being wider on the same ratio. So you’d ply it with power and AWD? To make a slower Edge ST, which itself is a poorly rebadged Edge Sport? Even the 8 speed on the Edge Sport reuses every single ratio from the 6F35 trans that it replaces, they literally added two gears for almost no purpose. It’s a half baked attempt to make the car more complicated, if you’re adding two gears you shouldn’t be reusing ANY ratios from a 6 speed.