Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports 2018 Magnetic FiST build thread

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Mikey456

The St200 sounds good to me for a future upgrade. Any interest in a rear wiper delete product? Might be interested if the wiper arm bolt hole can be filled cleanly.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
another small update with some cool goodies we brought over from the UK

First we replaced the cover of on the fob with the boring Ford logo with the ST[party]

next I added the new plug and play RED lighted Ford Power start button to our Orange Spice car, then installed the Blue lighted Ford POWER that was in our Orange Spice over to the Magnetic since we have a blue theme going in the Magnetic

lastly we installed one of our Mishimoto revised oil catch can kits - truly amazing the difference of this kit vs. the first version

Attachments

next I added the new plug and play RED lighted Ford Power start button to our Orange Spice car, then installed the Blue lighted Ford POWER that was in our Orange Spice over to the Magnetic since we have a blue theme going in the Magnetic

Hey Ron - What is the process of popping out the ignition switch? Do you have to approach it from under the dash or can you pop it off with trim tools from the front?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
Hey Ron - What is the process of popping out the ignition switch? Do you have to approach it from under the dash or can you pop it off with trim tools from the front?
I use a trim tool - the double claw pops it right out
Best approach is from the pass side / just wiggle the 2 claws under the ring trim and pop it up

It's a nice Schwaben set I picked up a while ago
This literally takes 30 seconds to swap

this is the set https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Schwaben_Five_Piece_Trim_Tool_Kit/

then added some dark blue gel inlays to the ST badges since we are going with a blue theme - also changed the red whoosh decals to blue around the entire car

lastly, a front shot of the blue inlays with blue Lamin-x fog light tint installed as well

Where can I find the ST gel overlays, I don't see them on your site.

If the push start button takes 30 seconds to replace it, why in your site it says: Do it at your own risk or something like that that lead me to think that i will broke it or make a bigger mistake??

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
If the push start button takes 30 seconds to replace it, why in your site it says: Do it at your own risk or something like that that lead me to think that i will broke it or make a bigger mistake??
the wording was carried over from the blue lit Ford Power button which is NOT plug and play

The red lit button is plug and play and works with no issues at all

I have since changed the wording in the red start switch listing, thanks for pointing that out

green_henry

1000 Post Club
the wording was carried over from the blue lit Ford Power button which is NOT plug and play

The red lit button is plug and play and works with no issues at all

I have since changed the wording in the red start switch listing, thanks for pointing that out
Any chance of a blue plug-and-play button anytime soon? It looks really clean; I like it a lot [like]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any chance of a blue plug-and-play button anytime soon? It looks really clean; I like it a lot [like]
It is very easy to take a part your old button and take the face cover from the ford power one and swap them out. it just requires a pick set. I did this a long long time ago! [party]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its very very easy.... I have done mine. Its very simple. What Ron is saying is the ford power switch will not work in our vehicles but the ford power cover on the button can be swapped out with your stock cover on your start button switch.[party] Just use some trim tools like Ron said and I used some automotive picks to pull a part the switch. If you all would like I will try to do a video of taking the switch apart tomorrow to show swapping of the covers. cool?[popcorn]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
Its very very easy.... I have done mine. Its very simple. What Ron is saying is the ford power switch will not work in our vehicles but the ford power cover on the button can be swapped out with your stock cover on your start button switch.[party] Just use some trim tools like Ron said and I used some automotive picks to pull a part the switch. If you all would like I will try to do a video of taking the switch apart tomorrow to show swapping of the covers. cool?[popcorn]
the blue one works on the Focus ST - correct the cap swap is needed for the Fiesta ST
the red one DOES work on the Fiesta, no cap swap needed, true plug and play

DangerMouse

I use a trim tool - the double claw pops it right out
Best approach is from the pass side / just wiggle the 2 claws under the ring trim and pop it up

It's a nice Schwaben set I picked up a while ago
This literally takes 30 seconds to swap

this is the set https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Schwaben_Five_Piece_Trim_Tool_Kit/

Took me about 1 minute, red switch works perfect. At first I tried popping just the button out, nope. The trim ring is clipped on to hold the button. Can't wait to see it in the dark!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
Took me about 1 minute, red switch works perfect. At first I tried popping just the button out, nope. The trim ring is clipped on to hold the button. Can't wait to see it in the dark!
I probably should have specified you pop the tool under the trim ring not the switch itself
But yes, it's a cool mod and very quick in the plug and play variety vs the cap swap like the blue one. I like the red myself [rockon]