Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports 2018 Magnetic FiST build thread

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm going to document the entire journey here on the forum
This build is not for highest horsepower or to be the quickest around but is for bolt ons and personalization of our 2018 Magnetic Fiesta ST
There will be some duplications of parts installed simply because this car will be a light R&D vehicle as well

Lets start with some pics!

Day at the dealer with only 6 miles on the odometer. The 2018 Magnetic FiST is not highly optioned. Base seats, NO sunroof (this was mandatory) and no navigation

Today was 1st mod day with 45 miles on the odometer

Started with tint
the car was a fishbowl without it
a nearby Fiesta ST owner that I've been talking to since I arrived in Vegas @antrain suggested Eco Tint for my tinting needs. As usual he was spot on with the the recommendation

I went with 25% ceramic all the way around minus the windshield. Nevada law states no more than 30% allowed on the drivers.passenger side windows but I said "eh" it's only 5% more

next up, some interior bits
Ford ST carbon fiber shift knob and our loyal friend, the parking brake decorative cover haha

next was a few minor exterior mods now that the tint is done
Nevada has front license plates but they are not mandatory. Unfortunately dealers add front plate brackets to all new cars. Our 2017 Orange Spice suffers from the same issue lol
The difference with our Magnetic is bumperplugs.com has the Magnetic color available. We had to have front bumper plugs paint matched on our Orange Spice
This route was much easier

last mod for today's post is the 4" stubby antenna with whoosh logo
From the drivers side the logo is correct
passenger side, it's upside down lol. I need to talk to supplier about this but either way I needed to ditch the oem RC car antenna and didn't want to go with the micro 2" again that we have on the 2017 Orange Spice

next round of mods will be posted tomorrow or on the weekend
thanks for looking and let me know if there are any questions

-Ron

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
As a QA guy I cringe that you aren't getting what you expect from your supplier.
I'm fairly certain the logo antennas have always been like this
To their defense I have not indicated engraving in a different manner...until now

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This build is not for highest horsepower or to be the quickest around but is for bolt ons and personalization of our 2018 Magnetic Fiesta ST
There will be some duplications of parts installed simply because this car will be a light R&D vehicle as well

Day at the dealer with only 6 miles on the odometer. The 2018 Magnetic FiST is not highly optioned. Base seats, NO sunroof (this was mandatory) and no navigation

Started with tint
a nearby Fiesta ST owner that I've been talking to since I arrived in Vegas @antrain suggested Eco Tint for my tinting needs. As usual he was spot on with the the recommendation

I went with 25% ceramic all the way around minus the windshield. Nevada law states no more than 30% allowed on the drivers.passenger side windows but I said "eh" it's only 5% more

Ford ST carbon fiber shift knob and our loyal friend, the parking brake decorative cover haha

Nevada has front license plates but they are not mandatory. Unfortunately dealers add front plate brackets to all new cars. Our 2017 Orange Spice suffers from the same issue lol
The difference with our Magnetic is bumperplugs.com has the Magnetic color available. We had to have front bumper plugs paint matched on our Orange Spice

passenger side, it's upside down lol. I need to talk to supplier about this but either way I needed to ditch the oem RC car antenna and didn't want to go with the micro 2" again that we have on the 2017 Orange Spice

-Ron
Shouldve went to your optometrist and got a prescription for window tint and told Johnny law to EAD.[party] Its what I did...They pull me over for tint and I just hand them my Prescription by my Dr. and Boom I'm on my way....Silly POPO.

DangerMouse

I'm liking this and it makes me want to buy a new fiST to start over with. So much I would do differently.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
I'm liking this and it makes me want to buy a new fiST to start over with. So much I would do differently.
true story
as mentioned we have some exciting new parts coming so in the end our new Magnetic FiST will be primarily whoosh branded parts

I'd love to tell everyone all about the new whoosh goodies that will end up on the car but that will ruin the fun

Our 2017 Orange Spice is on the opposite side of the spectrum where it's receiving a full dose of Peron, Pro Alloy, etc etc
There will be a build thread indicating all of the parts that are installed on the Orange Spice but not as it progresses, it will be when it has hit the dyno

thanks for looking[wrenchin]

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
update and a few more parts

first up
Mountune billet oil cap
I had it laying around so why not? I like "not stock"

next while in the intake area I thought I'd swap out everything at once. It literally took me 30 min for everything

whoosh SSD (silicone symposer delete)
pulled the factory symposer box and the accordion line off at the firewall
Clean set up and sealed for higher e30 tuned boost coming

VUDU short shift kit
we are out of stock on the whoosh kit but there are more coming in anodized colors with our logo
Basically the same short shifter and I love VUDU parts anyway. It's set on the 15% reduction first because I have never tried the less aggressive settings. I'll most likely switch it to 25% within a few days

Back to a ST200 airbox over the stock alien head box. I love the simplicity and that it's a factory stock ST200 upgrade.
Also added a GREEN FILTER this time over the RAMAIR or revo foam just because I haven't tried one yet

last we have the whoosh silicone induction hose
decided on blue silicone parts because we haven't tried that color and it's pretty nice[rockon]

more coming
springs and sways
tuning
some exterior bits
wheels
new parts / never seen before: whoosh hybrid turbo upgrade, whoosh V2 intercooler(largest factory fit intercooler anywhere), whoosh cat back exhaust

stay tuned[chairfall]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If that symposer delete was offered by you way back when I got the Sure Motorsport version of that part, I would have bought it from you instead! [thumb]
(Thanks for having it available to those who want to do away with the hose altogether.)

As soon as I can get (a good, aftermarket) suspension under this car, I will be purchasing an ST200 air box from you as well. ;)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
The ST200 airbox is one that has the opening at the bottom? What's the difference between it and stock? Any PROVEN gains with it?
The ST200 Upgrade includes a uniquely constructed airbox with a secondary cold air feed point. Additionally, the air box has been engineered with features that reduce the delta pressure drop by 2kPa that when coupled with a performance panel filter, provide a 21% increase in airflow

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-st200-airbox-w-cold-air-feed-hose

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
very small update this week - had no time[thumbdown]

engine cover gel badge - black background with performance blue logo / outlined in white

next up - debadge haha

then added some dark blue gel inlays to the ST badges since we are going with a blue theme - also changed the red whoosh decals to blue around the entire car

lastly, a front shot of the blue inlays with blue Lamin-x fog light tint installed as well

lots of boxes laying here to install
just need a little time

hopefully this coming week !

Attachments

Started with tint

-Ron
Really excellent products! [thumb] [thumb]