Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dashcam

Hello all! Im interested in purchasing a dashcam and to be honest im trying to cut out some research time by seeing if anyone has any valuable info. For instance, brand, install advice etc. Please and thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KKaWing

Korean cameras like the Blackvue brand are "known good quality". Can't go wrong with those. Taiwanese ones are not bad either such as the Papago. Chinese cams you have to be careful with. The shells can be easily procured so stick with known good sources. Dashcamtalk.com will have links to every camera they review with different sources like amazon, ebay and aliexpress.

SST

I use Yi dashcam, with Sony Sensor, and good app that let you transfer your footage to your phone! Highly recommended.~$50US

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I use Yi dashcam, with Sony Sensor, and good app that let you transfer your footage to your phone! Highly recommended.~$50US
Would you please post links to what you’re using? I like $50 and an App!

SST

here is a link from Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ccbd-422f-838b-93c15ec4d6b1&priceBeautifyAB=0

keep in mind they have a few version, 130 degree and 165 degree, the 165 degree one can do 1080p60fps as well (also 1296p @ 30fps) and also make sure you are buying an international version, otherwise, u will be reading simplified Chinese in the interface

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Korean cameras like the Blackvue brand are "known good quality". Can't go wrong with those. Taiwanese ones are not bad either such as the Papago. Chinese cams you have to be careful with. The shells can be easily procured so stick with known good sources. Dashcamtalk.com will have links to every camera they review with different sources like amazon, ebay and aliexpress.
I’ll also be moving to where heat could be an issue. Do most people just leave them mounted? I also really like the low profile versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KKaWing

I’ll also be moving to where heat could be an issue. Do most people just leave them mounted? I also really like the low profile versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You would want something with a capacitor rather than a lithium battery. Those don't expand with heat.

zanethan

x2 for the Yi here. Leave it installed 24/7 and videos are transferred via a WiFi connection. Super easy install I just added a 12v plug behind the glove box and ran the plug behind the headliner and a-pillar trim. Very stealth.

SST

Can you show pics what exactly you did?

x2 for the Yi here. Leave it installed 24/7 and videos are transferred via a WiFi connection. Super easy install I just added a 12v plug behind the glove box and ran the plug behind the headliner and a-pillar trim. Very stealth.

I used to use capacity base Blueskysea G1WC, while i don't have to worry about the battery, the sensor is way better on the Yi since its a Sony sensor, my brother use the Yi in some hot Asian country, no problem so far

You would want something with a capacitor rather than a lithium battery. Those don't expand with heat.