Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Went to Rennsport VI today...

cxwrench

Friend of mine has a couple cars and I've been trying to get out to see them on the track so today worked out. One of the cars is a '68 911 TR...

He's also got a '75 3.0 RSR...

There was a boatload of 934's, 934.5's, and all manner of 935's...

Including the NEW 935...

There were at least 4-5 NA 917's...

And at least that many 917-10's & 30's including Donahue's Penske 917-30...

There were about a dozen various models of this...and yes, they had a race for them.

Got to see (and hear...jesus it's loud) the 911RSR do a bunch of laps, as well as the 919. It was definitely a pretty awesome day, wish I could've stayed for the weekend!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I remember seeing some of the 930 based cars (Peter Gregg, Hurley Haywood, Al Holbert, etc.) running in the IMSA GT series, at Lime Rock and Pocono, when they were NEW!

Are those real, original Minilites on the old TR, or am I seeing them wrong due to the pic's angle?

A Porsche Diesel tractor!
My friend has the same Junior model in his garage!
I'll post a picture of it next week [;)]

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #7
I remember seeing some of the 930 based cars (Peter Gregg, Hurley Haywood, Al Holbert, etc.) running in the IMSA GT series, at Lime Rock and Pocono, when they were NEW!

Are those real, original Minilites on the old TR, or am I seeing them wrong due to the pic's angle?
I'm not sure, next time I talk to Alan I'll hopefully remember to ask. My family went to just about all of the Trans-Am, Can-Am, and IMSA races at Laguna back in the 60's and 70's. A cousin had a friend that raced a B production Vette in SCCA regionals and nationals so we'd go to those as well. I didn't get any Hawaiian vacations as a kid but I went to a ton of really cool races!

Last edited: