Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo flutter out of the blue

Hi,

My 14' ST has 63k (km) on the clock and is completely stock apart from a COBB RMM. While getting off the highway today I noticed that the blow-off sound that is normally a pssshhhhh type of sound is now a weird high-pitched flutter sound.

Here is an attached video of the sound in question.

Removed link

Sorry for the shaky video, my camera acts weird sometimes.

The only recent thing that was done to it was the coolant temp sensor recall two weeks ago.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue ?

EDIT :

Went to the dealer and it was told it was a defective waste gate actuator covered under warranty.

Part no : CJ5Z9K378B

The part is actually : KIT - ACTUATING LEVE. KIT - ACTUATING LEVER. SOLENOID.

Thanks for all the responses !

Last edited:
Do you have any power loss? Mine did this one time and it sounded exactly like this. It would do this and go into limp mode after about a mile til i restarted the car. Turned out one of the vacuum lines had gotten loose somehow. I reclamped it and it has been fine since.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah i should have also said that haha you should definitely keep it light in the spooling until you figure the issue out, you dont want to blow your turbo out.

OP
Volumetrik
Thread Starter #5
Perfect. Thanks for the responses, I'll be checking the clamps and hoses tomorrow morning !

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Theres a thread on this its referred to as the Turkey gobble I do believe...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Volumetrik
Thread Starter #7
Welp, I am lost. I check under the car, over the most I could before unbolting things and everything seems normal.

I yanked on all the hoses I could, everything seems tight. I'll have to make an appointment at the dealer. This is fresh off the recall, I am sure they forgot to torque something back there.

I'll baby it till I can get to the dealer.

OP
Volumetrik
Thread Starter #8
Do you know where it is located in the engine bay ?

I can check right now, I just don't know where it is.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Clean and lube the diverter valve? Especially the DV+ ones from what I've gathered ....Just a thought! [party]

Im gon a second what someone else said. Definitely check the diverter valve too. I didnt even think of that but that could be the issue. If you still dont know where it is after looking at that diagram above, any boomba blowoff valve spacer install video will show you

OP
Volumetrik
Thread Starter #11
Update :

Went to the dealer and it was told it was a defective waste gate actuator covered under warranty.

Part no : CJ5Z9K378B

The part is actually : KIT - ACTUATING LEVE. KIT - ACTUATING LEVER. SOLENOID.

Thanks for all the responses !

OP
Volumetrik
Thread Starter #13
Probably the exact same symptoms I was experiencing.

An unplugged unit would be the same as a defective one logically.