Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba oval shift knob review.

So today was my first official mod. Received the Boomba Racing oval weighted knob today. Overall build quality is very good. Install was about as easy as you can get on any mod. Literally took me all of about 1 min to install πŸ˜‚. Anywho, it's not perfect. The weight is almost too much. I feel like I need stiffer return springs for the shifter now. Also, the coating on the outside makes my hand sweat profusely. The only real bothersome thing is the bottom edge of the base is rough and not smooth. Very annoying to feel when I'm driving. I have big hands, so my fingers are always coming across this edge. I can probably fix it by using a bit of fine grit paper, but I've sent an email to Boomba as to their suggestion as I don't want to do any undue damage. I think if it weighed about 250g and it were a wee bit bigger in diameter, that would be about perfect. Overall, it's a good piece and I patiently await Boomba's response on the fix. Would recommend to anyone who wants a different shape than the typical round ball. I actually didn't mind the stocker knob, just wish it were a bit bigger and made better. The plastic chrome painted part was peeling off and that also annoyed the crap out of me.

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
It looks really nice, and it feels pretty good besides the aforementioned problems. I still give it four and a half out of five stars just because of the fact that the bottom side is a little rough feeling.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Lmao, that's all I need. It was only 84 out. If it were around 90, then it goes to 72.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
So Boomba got back with me. I showed them pics of the burs. They told me to just take it and smooth the bottom edge as best I could with something like a fine file or sand paper. They also gave me a discount code for my next purchase. So I guess when I have time, I will take it off and throw it in the lathe at the shop and take some 400 paper to it and round it off. A nice and smooth radius will work good.