Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seat heaters in non Seat heater FiST

So I will be picking these ST3 seats up next week and I have been reading on some threads about hooking up the seat heaters and people say "looking in to it" or "they will install them later", but I am trying to get the seat heaters hooked up with the factory switch. From what ive read is if your FiST doesn't have seat heaters (like mine) could you just order that single seat heater switch to go along side the "ESC OFF" button and the opposing Ambient lighting button and run your own wires off the back with a relay? Any help I would appreciate it!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm in for more info. My car is a Recaro swap car and I had thought it was as simple as buying the switches and relays. Only to find no wiring in the fuse box for the relays. I would love to make the heaters in my Recaros work as a final step of the interior swap. My OCD can't stand the switches being there and not working lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
KonaBlueFiST
Thread Starter #3
I'm in for more info. My car is a Recaro swap car and I had thought it was as simple as buying the switches and relays. Only to find no wiring in the fuse box for the relays. I would love to make the heaters in my Recaros work as a final step of the interior swap. My OCD can't stand the switches being there and not working lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
dude same here. OCD is gonna be killing me. I am so down to DIY it as well. Just not trying to have my car catch fire...

OP
KonaBlueFiST
Thread Starter #4
Interesting... Couldn't you put inline relays coming off the switches, and tap the power source elsewhere via an add-a-circuit? I've toyed around with this idea as well, since I LOVE DIY and it would save at least a cool $1k vs getting the OEM Recaro package.

I have heard of some owners trying to get dealers to install it and they wont. What is this picture you shared?? just a generic thing of wires with fuses?? I am down to DIY the seat heaters myself. be a cool job to tackle that I have never done before. Just trying to figure out if I can atleast get the factory switches.