Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issues post Coolant Sensor recall?

Mikey_O

I own a 2014 Fiesta ST that has been faultless since new. The week before last I took it into the dealership for the coolant sensor warranty and a service. I have since driven the car 5 or 6 times without issue.

Today went to leave the house 200 yards down the road the 'Service Engine' light came on, followed by the 'Engine Coolant' light. The car immediately went into limp home mode. As part of the recall I had the coolant reservoir replaced and am sitting just below the 'max' line. As stated, I was 200 yards from home so not an overheating issue either. Service Engine light has remained on and and issue persists when driving the car around the block.

Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I'll be calling the dealer tmw, but figured I'd post and see if i could get some advanced insight.

You are not alone.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/18600-Turbo-flutter-out-of-the-blue

A week after doing the recall the turbo starts doing this weird flutter sound that it never made before. The dealer told me it's a pretty involved job with a lot of man hours. They looked swamped honestly, so quite possibly they rushed to put it back together and forgot things.

Hopefully it's minor. I have to take it back to the dealer again, quite displeased with all this to be quite honest.

ROCKYFiestta

little off topic make sure that the line they installed is not rubbing on your ac line like they left mine those morons left the line sitting on top of the ac line so 2 metal lines of opposing temps where rubbing up on each other.