Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cars that live up to the hype and cars that fail to deliver.

Mikey456

I'll add it to my wish list of Honda's I really wanna drive before i die, (original) NSX, Integra type-r,.....
There was a recent review of the type R by Doug Demurro. I think his review did give me a little more insight on the car. He also compared the steering to our cars too. I was in the market for a S2k before I got my fist. I heard you have the rev them quite a bit to make them go quick. Glad I went with the fist.

I was fortunate enough to get an original NSX about 10 years ago, and it lives up to the hype. It was a groundbreaking car in many ways, and was better than the Ferraris and Porsches of the time. Honda was at the top of their game in Formula 1 and decided to make it to let their fantastic engineers stretch their legs on a street car. There's a neat F1 connection to Ayrton Senna, who helped develop it. He was driving Honda-engined McLarens at the time.
It is a fantastic car, handles great and is surprisingly quick. It's quite analog, like the ST, with a beautiful intake noise right behind your head.
Somewhat surprisingly, the ST is as fun to drive if not more, it's so good that if I didn't have the NSX I'd be fine.
The original NSX is one car I really really want to drive. Preferably the Type R but I'd be quite happy giving any of them a go. The new one is cool and fast I'm sure, but it doesn't interest me. Honda was creating some amazing cars and bikes in the late 80's and early 90's.

One car I drove that lived up to the hype was a 2004 Porsche 911. I didn't want to give it back. It felt like it had way more than 300hp and the brakes blew my mind.

I haven't driven many high performance cars unfortunately but I have ridden a lot of motorcycles. Best being a 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900 that had been fully restored. It was the template for super bikes that was followed for decades. In the 70's it blew everything away and has achieved legendary status. It is the motorcycle equivalent of strapping yourself into a Jaguar E-Type or Ferrari 250 GT. Just beautiful to look at and a pleasure to cruise or open it up for big smiles.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It's a amazing car. The base model is all you need with a supercharged Honda Civic SI engine. You can also look up the Ariel nomad instead of being a track car it's more like a performance dune buggy that's perfectly street legal. Now the Polaris Slingshot those things are piles of crap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
have been looking at an ariel nomad; another option is an exocet, it's miata based so you can register and insure as a miata :p

there's a flyinmiata offroad miata kit, that + exocet would be almost an ariel nomad, but dirt cheap (ish). I just don't know if I want to put the money into the nomad (and it was kinda hard to get in and out of) or the time into building an exocet.