Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Member 275 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    I am going to do this route in the spring with koni STR.T With Swift Spec-r Springs...with replacement of all OEM Piston boots...bearing plates....Strut stops...etc....ill let you know how it goes! In the spring.....
    Yeah, good idea to do all the pads, stops, etc., I should probably look at doing those too even though my car is still pretty new just so I don't have to worry about it in the future.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. DeAutoLED H11 reflector low beams that are TOO bright. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Senior Member 294 Rep Points LilPartyBox's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    I am interested in conservative budget setup, how would Koni Orange STR.T shocks go with Eibach springs? That's only $500 in parts while probably much better quality than Rev 9 eBay coilovers right? LOL Anyway, I hear to get the softer ride of the Eibach springs then the shocks should be replaced with slighty softer and was wondering if that's true and/or what good conservative shock/dampers there are?
    I ran that exact setup for maybe two weeks. hated it. Just too soft for the way i drive. I'd be doing 100mph on the highway and dive into an offramp braking hard and the car would just wobble everywhere under braking and bob and weave it's way through corner entry. Scary shit. My MR coilovers under the same conditions are SOLID. The setup your considering is for comfort and looks. It is a downgrade in "because race car" performance. Buuut, if ur looking for comfort and a decent drop without the aggressive driving aspect then go for it. They were def very comfy! Not the MRs are back breaking either. I soften the dampers a bit for the winter and it's comfy enough but still in full control of the car.

Maybe swift springs, as Typhoon is planning, would be a more buttoned down setup. But the Eibach/Koni setup is kinda floaty. Or perhaps Bilstein B8s with Swift springs? I mean, MRs are only 1,000. Just save up for a lil longer. I've been through 30k trouble free miles and can't recommend them enough.
    2016 Shadow Black w/ Recaros
    Chassis: MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers, Pierce Motorsports Torsion and 2 pt braces, Cobb Tuning sway bars
    Drivetrain: FSWerks Short Shifter, Cobb Tuning RMM, MAPerformance Catback, Cobb Hangers, Stratified Tuning v.3 OTS, Depo Racing IC and piping, Cobb Tuning Intake w/ Cobb vacuum, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs 1 step colder, MAP Catted DP (pending install)
    Interior: Ford ST3 Carbon Fiber knob, RedlineGoods shift boot & armrest, LEDs, WeatherTechs, Dead left pedal

Senior Member 1224 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilPartyBox View Post
    I ran that exact setup for maybe two weeks. hated it. Just too soft for the way i drive. I'd be doing 100mph on the highway and dive into an offramp braking hard and the car would just wobble everywhere under braking and bob and weave it's way through corner entry. Scary shit. My MR coilovers under the same conditions are SOLID. The setup your considering is for comfort and looks. It is a downgrade in "because race car" performance. Buuut, if ur looking for comfort and a decent drop without the aggressive driving aspect then go for it. They were def very comfy! Not the MRs are back breaking either. I soften the dampers a bit for the winter and it's comfy enough but still in full control of the car.

Maybe swift springs, as Typhoon is planning, would be a more buttoned down setup. But the Eibach/Koni setup is kinda floaty. Or perhaps Bilstein B8s with Swift springs? I mean, MRs are only 1,000. Just save up for a lil longer. I've been through 30k trouble free miles and can't recommend them enough.
    How did the MRs stand up to our salt soup winters?
    Do you coat them with anything (i.e.; fluid film, Amsoil Metal Protector, etc.)?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 275 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilPartyBox View Post

Great feedback, I was wondering that exactly, so thanks! Also considering ST height adjustable coilovers for like $760 from Whoosh... Not dampening adjustable but drop goes from only 0.2" on up, looking to dial in the best balance of comfort and decent performance, although won't be hitting 100, I'd like to feel pretty stable at 75-80 anyway.... But also, don't want to drop too much since I'm pretty sure I want 215 wide tires and even staying at 40 series there is 0.3" more sidewall there and don't want to rub... B6 are for stock springs so yeah looks like B8 with Eibach or the ST's probably...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. DeAutoLED H11 reflector low beams that are TOO bright. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Senior Member 294 Rep Points LilPartyBox's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    How did the MRs stand up to our salt soup winters?
    Do you coat them with anything (i.e.; fluid film, Amsoil Metal Protector, etc.)?
    well it's all about maintenance, right? I clean them after every summer and winter. I fully disassemble the fronts for the winter cleaning. I coat the threads with silver anti-sieze at all four corners every time. It has anti-corrosive properties, goes on thick and stays put so it traps all the crud... and it's cheap!

b4 anyone says anything I do know what anti-sieze is actually for and use it for dissimilar metals and all that. but it made sense and isn't as sloppy as the high temp lithium I used one yr long ago and regretted lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Shadow Black w/ Recaros
    Chassis: MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers, Pierce Motorsports Torsion and 2 pt braces, Cobb Tuning sway bars
    Drivetrain: FSWerks Short Shifter, Cobb Tuning RMM, MAPerformance Catback, Cobb Hangers, Stratified Tuning v.3 OTS, Depo Racing IC and piping, Cobb Tuning Intake w/ Cobb vacuum, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs 1 step colder, MAP Catted DP (pending install)
    Interior: Ford ST3 Carbon Fiber knob, RedlineGoods shift boot & armrest, LEDs, WeatherTechs, Dead left pedal

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456