Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I need some help pls

I have a 2014 Bojix Design Fiesta ST with a custom widebody on it. I'm trying to look for some wheels that will have good fitment. The show wheels that came with the car are the ones in the picture provided. But the show wheels are too big and wide for street-use. I looked into XXR 522 17x8's. But is there anything you guys can inform me or suggest of, that can help me decide on what type of wheels to go with?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #5
17 x 7 +38 on widebody? that doesnt make sense...how far do they sit in?
Right? Yeah they sit in pretty far [emoji23]. The previous owner had put those on the car. That's why I want to get different ones

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I have a 2014 Bojix Design Fiesta ST with a custom widebody on it. I'm trying to look for some wheels that will have good fitment. The show wheels that came with the car are the ones in the picture provided. But the show wheels are too big and wide for street-use. I looked into XXR 522 17x8's. But is there anything you guys can inform me or suggest of, that can help me decide on what type of wheels to go with?

Can you share some more pictures? Any issues with the exhaust being so close to the plastic?

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #7
Can you share some more pictures? Any issues with the exhaust being so close to the plastic?
No, no issues at all. I can show you the current fender gap with the current wheels

Right? Yeah they sit in pretty far [emoji23]. The previous owner had put those on the car. That's why I want to get different ones

Photos would help. Probably looking at a 8-9" wide 20-30mm offset. But I would measure distance of original fender width to new widebody width

There are a set of Rota Grid 16X8 ET20 that may get you in the right direction, but it looks like you are going to have to run spacers in the rear as the arches are wider. Do you know the specs of the original show wheels?

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #11
Will spacers affect any spring travel? Also, I don't know the offset of the Rennen M-8 show wheels, but I know that the fronts are 19x8.5 and the rears are 19x10

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #12
Here's some more pics of the wheels

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #14
Spacers affect the travel? No, I don't believe so. They WILL alter the dynamics of the suspension since, by placing the wheel further out, you are effectively increasing the leverage the wheel has on the suspension and possibly necessitating stiffer springs so that you don't inadvertently bottom out on bumps. I couldn't tell you how much of a difference spacers will make for you, however.

Btw that's a nice car. [thumb]
Thankyou for that info! Also, thanks [emoji1][emoji106]

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #15
If a set of 18x8.5 Fifteen52 Turbomac's were to go on the car, what size spacer should I use to make it fit?

Will spacers affect any spring travel? Also, I don't know the offset of the Rennen M-8 show wheels, but I know that the fronts are 19x8.5 and the rears are 19x10

Whoa - that is some aggressive fitment. The only Fiesta wheels that I know of that would be close to filling in those fenders without spacers are custom ADV.1's that were made for another SEMA car.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum...Forged-Track-Spec-SEMA-Wheels-17x9-amp-17x9-5

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Alright thanks for the help

He's right about buying the proper offset. However, if you still require spacers, buy ARP extended studs and have these guys make custom spacers for you: http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
I had them make 12mm spacers for me and they've been flawless through many track days. Friends also run the on RSRs.

He's right about buying the proper offset. However, if you still require spacers, buy ARP extended studs and have these guys make custom spacers for you: http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
I had them make 12mm spacers for me and they've been flawless through many track days. Friends also run the on RSRs.
+1 Spacers aren't the devil, use proper hub centric spacers with extended studs and you wont have any issues. ARP Studs & H&R Trak+ 15mm spacers is my daily setup.