Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Escape auto swap?
7 Likes

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Escape auto swap?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I was browsing around for replacement engines and the vast majority are the turbo 1.6L from the Escape with the auto fwd and awd drivetrain. Does anyone know how many driveline parts will swap between the two? I think it would be tits all to hell to either swap in an awd auto driveline or if they even made one, a manual awd drivetrain in our chassis. Mini Focus RS hehe. For drag racing, I betcha a tuned 6spd auto and awd would make for a very quick little car hehe. Talk about a sleeper and a half!

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have happened already if it was going to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    '16 Molten Orange ST 2Nov16 -
    '14 Ruby Red SE 14Feb14 - 2Nov16
    '12 Red Candy SE 23Nov11 - 14Feb14

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I guess you're right. I'm still new to these cars, so I'm looking into everything I can. On a side note, the engines are dirt cheap. What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FieSTafury View Post
    What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?
    Again, would have happened already if it was feasible. Not saying it isn’t possible but it’s so much easier and cheaper to get power out of the 1.6 vs a motor swap.

Member 220 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats not exactly a performance trans and awd setup. If you really wanted to get bonkers...

a 1.6 turbo 6spd in the front and a turbo 1.6 6spd in the rear.

3.2 liters
    8 cylinders
    twin turbos
    all.wheel.drive

I joke, of course, but someone did it to... I think it was a hyundai tiburon back in the day for a sport compact car shootout. I will try to find it

Senior Member 240 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I guess you're right. I'm still new to these cars, so I'm looking into everything I can. On a side note, the engines are dirt cheap. What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?
    There has been talk of a kit being developed to drop the 2.0L in on the Facebook groups, but it was just judging interest, really... it would upset the balance of the car having a heavier motor in the front, so it wouldn't be good for tracking but would be a helluva drag car for sure.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC for aggressive driving. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete, Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated tip, Powerflex passenger side engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and TB Performance Traction Bar on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I wouldn't have thought the 2.0L would weigh a whole hell of a lot more than the 1.6L. I just wish it were as easy to get 400 plus whp from these as an old school B16.

Senior Member 420 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weight difference is probably negligible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vendor Premier Vendor 148 Rep Points pwnall1337's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already did the research into it a little bit ago, you need the escape ECU/TCM module and you would need custom drive shafts and a few other things as well. We're unsure if the body control module from the fiesta would be compatible with the escape ecu or vice versa.
    2017 Fiesta ST x47r, nitrous, 4 port aux fuel, e50, fbo

Check out our $320.99 Fiesta ST Intercooler Special! Additional coupon code available. PM for code

Official Pumaspeed USA retailer. pwnallperformance.com (Don't see something, PM for quote)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Damn I wouldn't have thought the 2.0L would weigh a whole hell of a lot more than the 1.6L. I just wish it were as easy to get 400 plus whp from these as an old school B16.
    Any chance you're really young? Like under 21 young? Just wondering...
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast