Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Escape auto swap?

So I was browsing around for replacement engines and the vast majority are the turbo 1.6L from the Escape with the auto fwd and awd drivetrain. Does anyone know how many driveline parts will swap between the two? I think it would be tits all to hell to either swap in an awd auto driveline or if they even made one, a manual awd drivetrain in our chassis. Mini Focus RS hehe. For drag racing, I betcha a tuned 6spd auto and awd would make for a very quick little car hehe. Talk about a sleeper and a half!

brbauer2

Would have happened already if it was going to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I guess you're right. I'm still new to these cars, so I'm looking into everything I can. On a side note, the engines are dirt cheap. What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?

zanethan

What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?
Again, would have happened already if it was feasible. Not saying it isn’t possible but it’s so much easier and cheaper to get power out of the 1.6 vs a motor swap.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thats not exactly a performance trans and awd setup. If you really wanted to get bonkers...

a 1.6 turbo 6spd in the front and a turbo 1.6 6spd in the rear.

3.2 liters
8 cylinders
twin turbos
all.wheel.drive

I joke, of course, but someone did it to... I think it was a hyundai tiburon back in the day for a sport compact car shootout. I will try to find it

[video=youtube;WlAyaCKVBTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlAyaCKVBTQ[/video]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah I guess you're right. I'm still new to these cars, so I'm looking into everything I can. On a side note, the engines are dirt cheap. What about the 2017 Escape 2.0L? It has an external turbo manifold like ours, not the stupid single port head. I wonder if that would be a bolt in swap, or if the mounting spots are just too different?
There has been talk of a kit being developed to drop the 2.0L in on the Facebook groups, but it was just judging interest, really... it would upset the balance of the car having a heavier motor in the front, so it wouldn't be good for tracking but would be a helluva drag car for sure.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Damn I wouldn't have thought the 2.0L would weigh a whole hell of a lot more than the 1.6L. I just wish it were as easy to get 400 plus whp from these as an old school B16.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The weight difference is probably negligible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pwnall1337

Vendor
I already did the research into it a little bit ago, you need the escape ECU/TCM module and you would need custom drive shafts and a few other things as well. We're unsure if the body control module from the fiesta would be compatible with the escape ecu or vice versa.

cxwrench

Damn I wouldn't have thought the 2.0L would weigh a whole hell of a lot more than the 1.6L. I just wish it were as easy to get 400 plus whp from these as an old school B16.
Any chance you're really young? Like under 21 young? Just wondering...

OP
F
Thread Starter #11
No, I'm 40 old chap. I've been around the block more than once. I rebuilt my first engine before a lot of members were even born. I ground my teeth on the old SBC, BBC, SBF, BBF and big block caddy 472/500. These newer cars are way different from what I'm used to. My last newest cars were a 2009 3V GT and a 2010 LS3 Camaro. So I am not quite sure what you're trying to get at as I don't view anything I've asked as "childish" or what have you. Back in the day, turbo B16 and B18 Hondas were easy to get 400 plus hp out of. And yes I know that the B16 shares the same displacement as ours, but totally different architecture. PFI vs DI. High revving screamers vs fat mid range tq.

dmb

He works on bikes, I guess he's used to talking down to 12 year old kids. Ignore him, their is no reason to act like that.

OP
F
Thread Starter #14
Sure it is, good stout forged H-beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, Total seal rings and everything balanced to within .25g. One of my friends who built his followed this exact recipe and he ran the dog piss out of it for 3 to 4yrs before selling it. 430whp with a GT30R. Granted it didn't make good steam until like 4800 rpm, but from there to 8800, it was straight haul ass. He was one of the few import guys that was allowed to come chill with the muscle car crowd. He was a real tuner, not a ricer.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
it's interesting
different car and different time for sure but it did take a swap from a terrible A525 5-speed in the turbo Dodge FWD platform to a Caravan automatic using it's torque converter as well. I ran mid 14's with a 1986 GLH at one point in stock form with a tune and exhaust mods. After a few additional upgrades and the auto swap 12.7 was possible a few short years later
Completely different ball game today but I'll wager the swap can be done. If the Fiesta is equipped with an auto from the factory there's a way to auto swap something in the ST you just need the right people doing it

Coyote Mustang MT-82 owners swap 6r80's, I'm sure this can be done if the want is there....

OP
F
Thread Starter #18
Why don't you just save the time and get a fast car with all that from the get-go?
Ummm your s/N says all right there old chum. I have a fast bike that would mop the floor with every single Fiesta on this forum, as well as probably the world, with the exception of maybe a rally prepped awd one. The point is that I like entertaining and fun things. Hence why I bought this little car. Highly practical and yet enormous smile factor. Nothing wrong with trying to add more to it. Besides, I named my car the Black Sheep because, in most people's eyes, it's just an unassuming little Fiesta. And it gets no love compared to the Focus and higher.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
it's interesting
different car and different time for sure but it did take a swap from a terrible A525 5-speed in the turbo Dodge FWD platform to a Caravan automatic using it's torque converter as well. I ran mid 14's with a 1986 GLH at one point in stock form with a tune and exhaust mods. After a few additional upgrades and the auto swap 12.7 was possible a few short years later
Completely different ball game today but I'll wager the swap can be done. If the Fiesta is equipped with an auto from the factory there's a way to auto swap something in the ST you just need the right people doing it

Coyote Mustang MT-82 owners swap 6r80's, I'm sure this can be done if the want is there....
Had an Omni glhs at one point that turbo lag was... I dunno, fun!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
it's interesting

Had an Omni glhs at one point that turbo lag was... I dunno, fun!
Oh yeah, I remember the Dodge Omni GLH as a teen, which I believe literally stands for Goes Like Hell, hehe... The first true American hot hatch!