Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any sweet sweet halloween deals coming?

Trader history for Clint Beastwood (2)

This absolutely does, and makes total sense, thanks for explaining further! We definitely know it's REALLY easy to hit MBT with e30, that's for sure, I'm sure that's why your e30 tune doesn't even need much more than 93 total octane to max out, but on 93 is where I felt there was a little more "there" for the taking... anyway, looking forward to whatever mysterious new feature you're gonna add! :)
Never a problem!
And who said it was a "feature"? LOL!

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Haha, no worries!
You just need to order the pump gas tune (flash or custom), and I will automatically include the E30 tune. It's that simple!
sweet just ordered s2 with "i am a giant toddler" pops option :p do I need to send you a receipt number or anything for the halloween dealie?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Never a problem!
And who said it was a "feature"? LOL!
Well let's see, you said:

"However! I have a new Flash Tune dropping for you guys very soon, that I think you will really like!
Something no one has ever released before for our platform!"

Hmmm, if it's something that's never been done before, doesn't it HAVE to be a feature? ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
sweet just ordered s2 with "i am a giant toddler" pops option :p do I need to send you a receipt number or anything for the halloween dealie?
Whenever he runs specials, he just includes both tunes automatically whenever they are ordered on the dates the special is valid... so if you ordered today the 29th, you'll get both tunes included in your email automatically.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Ok sweet got the tune and it's installed now. I ordered normal + one with lower crackles thinking it would be more like the stratified "progressive" crackles. Instead it doesn't really crackle at all, I think my helmholtz chamber is absorbing the pops. I emailed them back to see if I can pay to add the extra obnoxious immature crackles because I am a man child.

Literally the only thing holding me back from a tesla purchase is how quiet they are. A friend of mine works @ Tesla and arranged some test drives - GREAT cars but I don't like the lack of engine noise. I felt so... disengaged - like the only reason it has a steering wheel is because it's required by law.

I need vroom vroom sounds. That is 100% why I like italian cars so much.

The model S is dumb fast from a stop, the model 3 was super quick from like 20-60, not quite as quick off the line. Can't imagine how amazing the new roadster is going to be.

Ok sweet got the tune and it's installed now. I ordered normal + one with lower crackles thinking it would be more like the stratified "progressive" crackles. Instead it doesn't really crackle at all, I think my helmholtz chamber is absorbing the pops. I emailed them back to see if I can pay to add the extra obnoxious immature crackles because I am a man child.

Literally the only thing holding me back from a tesla purchase is how quiet they are. A friend of mine works @ Tesla and arranged some test drives - GREAT cars but I don't like the lack of engine noise. I felt so... disengaged - like the only reason it has a steering wheel is because it's required by law.

I need vroom vroom sounds. That is 100% why I like italian cars so much.

The model S is dumb fast from a stop, the model 3 was super quick from like 20-60, not quite as quick off the line. Can't imagine how amazing the new roadster is going to be.
I installed my tune yesterday as well (with low pops). My exhaust is straight piped right now and the pops are super loud, almost louder than I want. I have a Thermal R&D catback on the way so I'm interested to see how that changes things after reading your comments.
I went down to the E85 pump last night and I must say the E30 tune is definitely worth it for anybody looking! It adds a considerable amount of TQ and HP.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I installed my tune yesterday as well (with low pops). My exhaust is straight piped right now and the pops are super loud, almost louder than I want. I have a Thermal R&D catback on the way so I'm interested to see how that changes things after reading your comments.
I went down to the E85 pump last night and I must say the E30 tune is definitely worth it for anybody looking! It adds a considerable amount of TQ and HP.
I’m holding off on the e30 until I get an intercooler. Too many irons in the fire to do it right now (intercooler) so I’m waiting for either a crazy deal or a bit of downtime. The quiet pops are almost totally inaudible externally for me (I did research in a tunnel!) but when I go back to the progressive crackle strat tune it’s about the same as a focus rs

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have Dizzypop loud version on my Thermal.....Its not as obnoxious as some other manufacturers cars that have it and sounds like a Gun shot. I like it a lot it gives the car character and I love decel on my road going home @ 6a every morning. My dog knows when I'm coming down my street and when I pull into my garage. I open the Door and turn on the light and he's looking right up at me everyday! [thumb]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I’m holding off on the e30 until I get an intercooler. Too many irons in the fire to do it right now (intercooler) so I’m waiting for either a crazy deal or a bit of downtime. The quiet pops are almost totally inaudible externally for me (I did research in a tunnel!) but when I go back to the progressive crackle strat tune it’s about the same as a focus rs
Definitely no need for an intercooler to run e30, the methanol cooling charge effect is tuned appropriately as it is unless you ordered Stage 2 from Dizzy? Jason does tune his 93 a little conservatively with the e30 definitely being where the power is at and I've had zero additional heat running that tune with a stock intercooler.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Definitely no need for an intercooler to run e30, the methanol cooling charge effect is tuned appropriately as it is unless you ordered Stage 2 from Dizzy? Jason does tune his 93 a little conservatively with the e30 definitely being where the power is at and I've had zero additional heat running that tune with a stock intercooler.
I'm in SoCal with 91 octane regular, I bought the stage2 map to kinda force myself to do the intercooler sooner rather than later. Afternoon temps have been in the 90's and I can feel it pulling power stock, not to mention it getting 30-40 over ambient while accelerating under boost. As it sits right now, I don't really mind not having the IC but running the dizzy S2 map or the e30 one I'll just feel safer with the IC installed. I need to just delegate some stuff to free up some me time :p

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm in SoCal with 91 octane regular, I bought the stage2 map to kinda force myself to do the intercooler sooner rather than later. Afternoon temps have been in the 90's and I can feel it pulling power stock, not to mention it getting 30-40 over ambient while accelerating under boost. As it sits right now, I don't really mind not having the IC but running the dizzy S2 map or the e30 one I'll just feel safer with the IC installed. I need to just delegate some stuff to free up some me time :p
Then honestly the much higher octane along with the ethanol cooling charge should actually help with e30... I know what you mean by that Cali gas, I take road trips down there and even running a 91 tune it didn't perform that great. I actually think it would help with temps and everything, and there is nothing un-safe about it with the pulling timing and limp mode and other ECU protections in place you wouldn't damage anything.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Then honestly the much higher octane along with the ethanol cooling charge should actually help with e30... I know what you mean by that Cali gas, I take road trips down there and even running a 91 tune it didn't perform that great. I actually think it would help with temps and everything, and there is nothing un-safe about it with the pulling timing and limp mode and other ECU protections in place you wouldn't damage anything.
I was just being lazy :p

Ordered a whoosh IC not 5 minutes ago lol. If I can't find the time I'll just have my local shop do the install.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was just being lazy :p

Ordered a whoosh IC not 5 minutes ago lol. If I can't find the time I'll just have my local shop do the install.
Nice man, you always come through, LOL... That's a great IC for the money, Depo design that is sold by Depo, Whoosh and Pwnall... E30 alone will max out a stock turbo with NO mods, really, but that IC will definitely keep your temps in check to really enjoy it.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I had to pull the dizzy st2 tune off - I don't get any negative corrections (maxing out positive corrections) on the stratified tune. When I put the dizzy tune in it was vacillating between positive and negative corrections, and pulling power really bad. I'm waiting for my whoosh intercooler, I'll install that then try the dizzy tune again. Once it's running nicely with the stage2 I'll try the e30.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I had to pull the dizzy st2 tune off - I don't get any negative corrections (maxing out positive corrections) on the stratified tune. When I put the dizzy tune in it was vacillating between positive and negative corrections, and pulling power really bad. I'm waiting for my whoosh intercooler, I'll install that then try the dizzy tune again. Once it's running nicely with the stage2 I'll try the e30.
Oh dang! That's what happens when Jason DOES tune quite a bit more aggressively when you request stage 2 and you don't have the IC in yet! I'm assuming you mean over -2.00 negative corrections consistently and already have step colder plugs?

SrsBsns

Oh dang! That's what happens when Jason DOES tune quite a bit more aggressively when you request stage 2 and you don't have the IC in yet! I'm assuming you mean over -2.00 negative corrections consistently and already have step colder plugs?
Why would an intercooler (or in this case, a lack thereof) cause negative correction? I'm assuming that the charge temps were very high and that led to knock?

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
I think I was getting 1.6-1.8 negative corrections - I have everything from the list except the IC, got the plugs from Whoosh a few weeks ago. The dizzy tune was ok in the morning when I was headed home from work (About 49 degrees F, really cold for here) but in the afternoon on the way to the office it was 85f and my IAT's quickly hit 105 under load. My IC is on order so I'll leave the dizzy tune off until then. I did notice that one morning to another the dizzy feels much smoother, but the Stratified feels *much* more powerful than the dizzy s2. It might just be that the dizzy has to spend more time learning whereas the stratified never hits any corrections or whatever. No idea, but after I get my IC I'll do my datalogging. I could *really* feel it when the dizzy pulled power, the car fell flat on it's face and I pulled over and reflashed back to my strat tune. Not knocking the tune, it said right on the page "requires an intercooler upgrade", I just figured it wouldn't be an issue when I almost always drive at less than 5/10ths rarely boosting. It was at part throttle where it got grumpiest.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think I was getting 1.6-1.8 negative corrections - I have everything from the list except the IC, got the plugs from Whoosh a few weeks ago. The dizzy tune was ok in the morning when I was headed home from work (About 49 degrees F, really cold for here) but in the afternoon on the way to the office it was 85f and my IAT's quickly hit 105 under load. My IC is on order so I'll leave the dizzy tune off until then. I did notice that one morning to another the dizzy feels much smoother, but the Stratified feels *much* more powerful than the dizzy s2. It might just be that the dizzy has to spend more time learning whereas the stratified never hits any corrections or whatever. No idea, but after I get my IC I'll do my datalogging. I could *really* feel it when the dizzy pulled power, the car fell flat on it's face and I pulled over and reflashed back to my strat tune. Not knocking the tune, it said right on the page "requires an intercooler upgrade", I just figured it wouldn't be an issue when I almost always drive at less than 5/10ths rarely boosting. It was at part throttle where it got grumpiest.
Anything under 140 charge temps and under -2.00 negative corrections are nothing to worry about... excessive worry about insignificant numbers is why some people just say to don't even bother monitoring on your AP, your car will cut power if needs to to stay safe and those numbers are indeed fine, REALLY, some negative corrections under -2.00 are 100% normal...

Edit: Thought this was a different thread, deleted unrelated comments and PM'ing instead... But will say that every tuners strategy is different, Jason is more conservative on pump gas for sure and he has his reasons why, so I agree another tuner is the way to go if you want to push for more power and "pull" on pump gas... while Jason's e30 is just amazing and feels absolutely how this car should be from the factory with it's smoothness and big power. :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Why would an intercooler (or in this case, a lack thereof) cause negative correction? I'm assuming that the charge temps were very high and that led to knock?
As you can see from his reply, his negative corrections are actually under -2.00 and those can be ignored as normal... but yes once charge temp starts hitting 140 timing is pulled too but knock can occur lower than that as well from lack of IC that is tuned for in the tune he was running... Now, I can easily run Cobb OTS stage 2 without an IC as their strategy is more timing than boost and you mainly need step colder plugs and maybe some mild intake and exhaust mods to help with flow and basic temp control with that kind of tune.