Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Pads VS EBC Reds VS EBC Yellows

I'm due to replace my brake pads again. I already replaced them once with the OEM pads since I LOVED that the bite the factory pads have. What I'm not liking is how often I have to replace them, (25k miles on the 2nd set of pads and they're already getting down there). I'm not a fan of the dust, but it's something I can live with. So my question is to anyone who has tried any or all of these options are how are the EBC Reds and/or Yellows compared to the OEM pads, and how are they compared to eachother?

I'm also curious about rotor options, I have and enjoy the centric slotted rotors, as they are wearing less then the previous OEM rotors. I like the look of the EBC rotors, but I don't like the ~$400 for the set. I do Auto-X the car.

TL;DR
  • I love the (cold)bite and performance of OEM pads
  • I hate that the OEM pads wear so fast (25k on 2nd set of OEM pads and already near needing to replace them)
  • Low dust is nice, but not priority
  • EBC Reds VS OEM? cold biteand on track use
  • EBC Yellows VS OEM? cold bite and on track use
  • EBC Reds VS EBC Yellows?
  • Also EBC rotors vs other rotors? Currently running centrics
  • I do auto-x the car
  • I'm open to more suggestions

Thanks! :)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I ran Yellows on my TSX. Performance was great on both the street and the track, but they were absolutely filthy. I don't have any experience with the reds. So far, I'm really impressed with the OEM pads; I have not experienced any significant fade on track days and will probably stick with them for a while.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Carbotech 1521 bobcat pads....havent looked back ever since I did them at 26k....Threw on front slotted cryoed rotors and rear slotted....definitely stop nicely from a 120mph....er I mean like 60mph.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk