Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad Drivers in Portland

Business6

I've seen that mentioned so many times, haha.

I think people everywhere are pretty shit at driving but Oregon license plates immediately cause me concern. Out here it's always a Subaru Outback.

Always

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've seen that mentioned so many times, haha.

I think people everywhere are pretty shit at driving but Oregon license plates immediately cause me concern. Out here it's always a Subaru Outback.

Always

Well they do have that one commercial for being in what looks like Oregon for Subarus with the Townie couple in flannels & stocking caps with rolled up pant legs and the blind dude....so it makes sense! [clap]

I've driven all over the country. Seems to me everybody in Wa. and Or. is stoned. But for pure aggression. You guys got nothing on Chicago. In the midwest everybody is an angry drunk.

XanRules

Yeah, "ten under in the left lane and constantly hitting the brakes just in case" is the textbook PNW bad driver.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've driven all over the country. Seems to me everybody in Wa. and Or. is stoned. But for pure aggression. You guys got nothing on Chicago. In the midwest everybody is an angry drunk.
Same in Dallas, Phoenix, LA, it's the big cities outside of the PNW that are all very aggressive... Seattle actually seems like a decent balance actually, was nice to see everyone cruise along at 70 in a 60 and fairly courteous...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, "ten under in the left lane and constantly hitting the brakes just in case" is the textbook PNW bad driver.
As much as Portland young people hate Seattle, I do find the drivers there are better than Portland for sure... add in all the people who line up MILES early for a lane ending and then REFUSING to let people zipper in, or when people DO zipper in they don't use a signal and just force their way in... sigh.

It's all bad news, out there on the roads. Thank Dog that I no longer drive or cycle-commute to work. The pedestrian and cyclists are certainly no better (no hate--I'm both). The explosion of additional drivers, here on the West Side, accentuates the shortcomings of our driving population, hereabouts. Seriously, has 24/7 media stripped away everyone's ability to concentrate?

Last year, in SLC area, for the Ford Octane Academy, I noted that most area drivers seemed quite civil and decent.

SLC drivers are legit, everyone drives 10-15 over but they all seem capable.

Portland is pretty horrible, on many things in addition to drivers.