Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revised Mishimoto Fiesta ST oil catch can kit - details and pics inside

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
It's not often that a company makes this many revisions to an existing product. I'm impressed!
The "REVISED" Mishimoto Fiesta ST oil catch can kit now only offers a black hose option which explains a lot now that I finally inspected a kit. Here's what I found

1.) The hoses are black hi-temp rubber as opposed to silicone. The previous Black, Red, and Blue Mishimoto silicone options were notorious for oil bleed or seeping over time.
2.) Oil Catch Can - now has 3 mounting points on the top vs. 2 previously. The old bracket had 2 holes or long slots available before but we could never figure out why the oil catch can had only 2 holes?? Some owners would actually drill and tap a hole for the 3rd mounting point which is pretty funny.
3.) Oil Can fittings are now anodized black aluminum and o-ring sealed. Previously the fittings were black plastic and NPT thread. This is a huge upgrade.
4.) Mounting Bracket - this is the big one and truly why Mishimoto made changes to this kit. So many warranty claims due to the thin bracket breaking which was mostly caused by engine movement.
The new bracket is 3mm thick and has a black wrinkle finish. It also has a nice support added that runs the length of the bracket.

I'm going to add the revised kit to our 2018 Magnetic Fiesta shop car - follow up pics and impressions to follow

I added one of these to my cart today! Glad I waited, and I can’t wait to hear your impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I added one of these to my cart today! Glad I waited, and I can’t wait to hear your impressions.

I'll be honest
I'm no Mishimoto fan with most things
This is the first thing they have done well. To circle back and improve this many details is not common & after the length of time from release.
Some will say well it should have been this way from the start lol

The location of this OCC kit is just a smidge better than the Radium only because the Radium interferes with the Pro Alloy coolant tank. If you remember the original Mishimoto bracket was located where the Radium bracket attaches now.

Yes I do remember seeing that. Did you add the drain option as well?

I'm also curious how close you are to having the short shifter? I am going to install the shifter bushings at the same time and am looking to order it all together...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
I'm also curious how close you are to having the short shifter? I am going to install the shifter bushings at the same time and am looking to order it all together...
we have the VUDU in stock
same factory makes it and basically same price
our short shifters have been revised and will look exactly the same as the VUDU next batch plus will be red and black anodized with our logo
probably won't see them for a few more weeks though