Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

service taking a whole week

my 2014 model is currently in service (at the dealer) for the 2 recent recalls (door latches and coolant sensor) plus getting the blend door actuator fixed.

they have had the car for 7 days now and are still making excuses. today it was something about the sensor wire is long and difficult

please tell me this is not normal.

is there anything about these work items that justifies a whole week in the shop? or are they just joyriding ...

OP
Z
Thread Starter #3
that was never claimed as an excuse, but i didn't explicitly ask. they knew when the service was scheduled about the 2 recalls, but the actuator problem was not yet diagnosed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ive worked at a couple of dealers.....This could be a parts shortage or back order of parts. Or something had got broken in the process and your not being told. If there are any issues go to the service manager...if he is a worthless Turd go higher on the food chain! Good luck! [raceflag]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have had all of these things done to my car.
The coolant system recall took 7 days alone.
The other two took a day each.

Dave

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
Ive worked at a couple of dealers.....This could be a parts shortage or back order of parts. Or something had got broken in the process and your not being told. If there are any issues go to the service manager...if he is a worthless Turd go higher on the food chain! Good luck! [raceflag]
the service manager does not answer his phone or return calls (so far)

OP
Z
Thread Starter #7
I have had all of these things done to my car.
The coolant system recall took 7 days alone.
The other two took a day each.

Dave
wow. were they waiting on parts in your case? I suspect it takes less time than that to build a new car ...

i really don't like being given the runaround by service advisers ...

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
... go and sleep in the waiting along with everyone else ...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It sounds like to me that you are just a mushroom to them...Fed shit and kept in the dark. Sounds like you need to find a new dealer..[raceflag]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I guess you need to remember how large these recalls are.
Also most dealers don't keep parts on hand anymore but order them from local warehouses.
The first part of the cooling sys. recall, requires an inspection to determine if the head or head gasket is needed to be replaced then the correct parts can be ordered.

Time was not the real issue because I was given a rental.
I always make it a point to get first hand information.
I find out what Tech. is working on my car and then go talk to him (of her).
Service writers don't always have all the info. and just need to get it from the Techs.
It is also a good idea to treat dealer personal with a little respect if you expect them to treat you the same.

I agree, I too would prefer to have my own car and I also worry when it is out of my site but sometimes we just have to wait.

Dave

OP
Z
Thread Starter #10
I guess you need to remember how large these recalls are.
Also most dealers don't keep parts on hand anymore but order them from local warehouses.
The first part of the cooling sys. recall, requires an inspection to determine if the head or head gasket is needed to be replaced then the correct parts can be ordered.

Time was not the real issue because I was given a rental.
I always make it a point to get first hand information.
I find out what Tech. is working on my car and then go talk to him (of her).
Service writers don't always have all the info. and just need to get it from the Techs.
It is also a good idea to treat dealer personal with a little respect if you expect them to treat you the same.

I agree, I too would prefer to have my own car and I also worry when it is out of my site but sometimes we just have to wait.

Dave
yeah, i agree with all that. but straight info is important - lets you plan your life around the disruption. being told one day at a time "it wont be ready today" is ...

and getting to talk to the techs is really hard

Ford Community Posts