Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: JDG’s Revo RT330 Install
45 Likes

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Justin,

I have a friend in South Africa who just finished tuning his RT330 on pump gas, whatever the octane for their premium is over there I'm not sure....for reference on an actual dynamometer (not Vdyno) it made 212kW and 396Nm which if you do the conversion is about exactly at 330 brake hp (284 wheel hp) so I will say if your results are anything like that they are fantastic and right on par with the 330 bhp that Revo is claiming for this option! On pump gas that's quite excellent. He made max power at 6557rpms and max torque at 3200rpms which is very close to what the X47 is making. If your numbers are consistent with his these two turbos will be nearly identical, but I've read elsewhere that they are making over 300 on pump gas so let's hope that is the case!!!!!!!!!! If you like I can post his dyno charts but I don't want to clutter your thread if that's not beneficial.
    Yeah, post it up! Can you find out what octane? I’m curious if it’s 91 or 93 AKI?

At what RPM does your X47 make max torque again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **Ask me about purchasing an Automatic Traction Control Off or Sport Mode On Module (Plug and Play)
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Plug-and-Play)

2016 Ford Fiesta ST - White Platinum / Recaros
    - Revo RT330 Turbo, Whoosh 3" Catted Downpipe, CP-E FMIC, Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel, CP-E Intake, and Cobb AccessPort (Stratified E30 & 93 Custom Tune)
    - CP-E RMM, SkidPlateGuy Front Skid, NoPistons Evap Skid, Pierce Motorsports Midship Brace
    - 205/50R16 BFG Sport Comp 2 AS for DD
    - 205/50R16 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 for Auto-X
    - 175/65R15 Michelin X-ICE XI3 for Winter/Rally-X

Senior Member 846 Rep Points jeff's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Yeah, post it up! Can you find out what octane? I’m curious if it’s 91 or 93 AKI?

At what RPM does your X47 make max torque again?

OK let me get his permission first and if he says yes I'll host and post them up. Not sure on the octane I'll ask that as well.

My max HP was made at 6350hp max TQ 3400.

When we do the friendly comparo like we discussed a few posts back I can also throw in the MRX if you want, I have a buddy who has that installed and we compared logs back in the day. He has a catless DP though so it won't be apples to apples but maybe close enough. Might be cool to compare all 3 since they're three of the more popular offerings in this range of power.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

OK permission granted, here is what I know, I hope this is helpful. If anything I say is incorrect please anyone feel free to clarify things, this data is based on what I see on the Revo website/sale ads and what my friend in South Africa has related to me.

Tuning is complete, he is using 95 RON which is equivalent to about 91 octane here in the US. For reference the hp numbers Revo is claiming are on 99 RON which is equivalent to about 94 octane in the US. So in theory if you are tuning with 93 octane you will come in somewhere in between the power numbers shown below and the power numbers reported by Revo.

This car made 212kW @ 6557rpms and 396Nm @ 3200rpms which is equivalent to 284 wheel hp and 292 wheel tq.

Car was tuned at a REVO dealer in Cape Town, South Africa.

Mods are RT330, Airtec stage 3 intercooler, Ramair performance cone air filter and heatshield induction kit, custom TBE with a catless downpipe. He does NOT have the upgraded wastegate that Revo offers, I assume he is using the stock one. Since it is a Revo dealer/installer/tuner I am not understanding why they did not throw that in too with all these other mods but I specifically asked this and he is not upgraded. Perhaps for his fueling they decided it was not beneficial.

To sum up, the important variables here as I see it are (1) fuel quality/octane rating and (2) downpipe is catless and (3) WGA is stock. Variation on these three things will probably bring the biggest variation in power numbers when compared. Revo's 330 bhp (brake not wheel) again is using 99 RON and upgraded WGA...not sure about their downpipe, I couldn't find info on that.

He said the car pulled strong in the upper rev range, was very smooth, had a little bit of lag compared to stock but that was to be expected, felt very special, he is happy.

That's all the info I have, I look forward to seeing the US cars meet or exceed these numbers!!! Very excited for you guys and this new option!!!!

Dealer/tuner:

http://ferroli.co.za/

Here's the dyno:

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG’s Revo RT330 Install

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    OK permission granted, here is what I know, I hope this is helpful. If anything I say is incorrect please anyone feel free to clarify things, this data is based on what I see on the Revo website/sale ads and what my friend in South Africa has related to me.

Tuning is complete, he is using 95 RON which is equivalent to about 91 octane here in the US. For reference the hp numbers Revo is claiming are on 99 RON which is equivalent to about 94 octane in the US. So in theory if you are tuning with 93 octane you will come in somewhere in between the power numbers shown below and the power numbers reported by Revo.

This car made 212kW @ 6557rpms and 396Nm @ 3200rpms which is equivalent to 284 wheel hp and 292 wheel tq.

Car was tuned at a REVO dealer in Cape Town, South Africa.

Mods are RT330, Airtec stage 3 intercooler, Ramair performance cone air filter and heatshield induction kit, custom TBE with a catless downpipe. He does NOT have the upgraded wastegate that Revo offers, I assume he is using the stock one. Since it is a Revo dealer/installer/tuner I am not understanding why they did not throw that in too with all these other mods but I specifically asked this and he is not upgraded. Perhaps for his fueling they decided it was not beneficial.

To sum up, the important variables here as I see it are (1) fuel quality/octane rating and (2) downpipe is catless and (3) WGA is stock. Variation on these three things will probably bring the biggest variation in power numbers when compared. Revo's 330 bhp (brake not wheel) again is using 99 RON and upgraded WGA...not sure about their downpipe, I couldn't find info on that.

He said the car pulled strong in the upper rev range, was very smooth, had a little bit of lag compared to stock but that was to be expected, felt very special, he is happy.

That's all the info I have, I look forward to seeing the US cars meet or exceed these numbers!!! Very excited for you guys and this new option!!!!

Dealer/tuner:

http://ferroli.co.za/

Here's the dyno:

Awesome! Thanks for posting. Only correction is that Shell 99 RON is equivalent to 93 pump gas (or AKI) here is the US so we should be able to hit the advertised numbers on 93 which I am obviously hoping is 300whp, but time will tell. Also the Revo numbers are with their standard WGA, not the TUNE+ upgraded.

**Ask me about purchasing an Automatic Traction Control Off or Sport Mode On Module (Plug and Play)
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Plug-and-Play)

2016 Ford Fiesta ST - White Platinum / Recaros
    - Revo RT330 Turbo, Whoosh 3" Catted Downpipe, CP-E FMIC, Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel, CP-E Intake, and Cobb AccessPort (Stratified E30 & 93 Custom Tune)
    - CP-E RMM, SkidPlateGuy Front Skid, NoPistons Evap Skid, Pierce Motorsports Midship Brace
    - 205/50R16 BFG Sport Comp 2 AS for DD
    - 205/50R16 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 for Auto-X
    - 175/65R15 Michelin X-ICE XI3 for Winter/Rally-X

Member #
    Medals
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for posting. Only correction is that Shell 99 RON is equivalent to 93 pump gas (or AKI) here is the US so we should be able to hit the advertised numbers on 93 which I am obviously hoping is 300whp, but time will tell. Also the Revo numbers are with their standard WGA, not the TUNE+ upgraded.

Awesome thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to results!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456