Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP Stolen, Now what?
1 Likes

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yes, never, ever leave anything of value in plain view. That's rule #1. And always lock your car. Thieves look for things like phones or other valuable items making it their worthwhile to break into your car.
    2017 Fiesta ST Base, 2018 Mustang GT Base, 1966 Bronco Project

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forevercasual View Post
    Update from Cobb:
    "The Accessport does not contain your VIN number as we do not track vehicles by VIN.

If you were to purchase a new or used Accessport, as long as its unmarried, you will not have any issues at all installing a new map on the ECU. You'll just encounter a message that says "This ECU is currently tuned, if you continue, the tune will be lost forever".

If you took your car to Ford and had them flash the ECU back to stock, you will still be able to purchase a new or used Accessport and get it installed on the ECU as long as its unmarried. "

I also asked about other things I read online about Cobb providing a discount and here is Cobb's response:

"That offer is set aside for our customers who bought the Accessport directly from us or an authorized COBB dealer. If you can include the proof of purchase along with an official police report as well, I can get things started on my end!"

So this doesn't really help me out, but I wanted to get the info out there to help anyone else out. It is cool that Cobb would provide any assistance for theft, just too bad I got mine secondhand.
    Thanks for posting this. I’ve always wondered what would happen if it were lost, stolen or shat on.

Senior Member 330 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Filing a police report, won't produce your property and may only serve as yet another excuse for the insurance company to point to when "justifying" their next price hike. Your $X00 property loss won't even delay a donut break, as far as the police are concerned.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12