Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aux vs Port, GTX2554 turbo

Which setup?

• Single Port Aux Fuel

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 4-Port Aux Fuel

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Se7eN

Hello guys,

I don't post too much and usually just read. But i'm yet to find a actual post that speaks about the Aux System (Stratified TPI system) vs the 4 Port Aux such as the Stratified, Boomba and upcoming Peron System.

I currently have a very similar turbo to an MRX, same specs and similar design from Arashi (which is known for Evo and STi turbo options). Now the gas where I live is pretty damn shitty. It's said to be 93oct but tends to knock and yield close to 91oct results. The car made around 270whp and 270wtq on 25psi that drops a bit on the top end, on a dynojet in an 80 degree day. The car seems to go lean past 6,200rpms, so we are leaving quite alot on the table in terms of power and timing.

Started to research the obvious options such as Meth and the Aux/Port options but I havent found any hard info about why Aux Injection(single injector) is not that widely used. Keeping in mind I'm just looking to be around the 300whp mark.

Would it be worth it to just go Aux Fuel with 1 Throttle injector or should I just go all out for a 4-port kit?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello guys,

I don't post too much and usually just read. But i'm yet to find a actual post that speaks about the Aux System (Stratified TPI system) vs the 4 Port Aux such as the Stratified, Boomba and upcoming Peron System.

I currently have a very similar turbo to an MRX, same specs and similar design from Arashi (which is known for Evo and STi turbo options). Now the gas where I live is pretty damn shitty. It's said to be 93oct but tends to knock and yield close to 91oct results. The car made around 270whp and 270wtq on 25psi that drops a bit on the top end, on a dynojet in an 80 degree day. The car seems to go lean past 6,200rpms, so we are leaving quite alot on the table in terms of power and timing.

Started to research the obvious options such as Meth and the Aux/Port options but I havent found any hard info about why Aux Injection(single injector) is not that widely used. Keeping in mind I'm just looking to be around the 300whp mark.

Would it be worth it to just go Aux Fuel with 1 Throttle injector or should I just go all out for a 4-port kit?
It's not as widely used due to the single injector not distributing the fuel evenly into the ports Vs. Multi port auxiliary from stratified or whoosh....which now sells the Auxiliary rail for the injectors....they are working on getting a module and injectors into a kit also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you’re going to go with a four port kit, go with the Woosh/Peron option. The stratified 4 port (which I have installed) only uses two of the three alternator mounting bolts, and no matter how I adjust it or tighten it down, seems to wear the inside of the belt. Another Strat four port user experienced the same issue.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you’re going to go with a four port kit, go with the Woosh/Peron option. The stratified 4 port (which I have installed) only uses two of the three alternator mounting bolts, and no matter how I adjust it or tighten it down, seems to wear the inside of the belt. Another Strat four port user experienced the same issue.
Very interesting....I guess ill wait for the whoosh option...or just get the bigger injectors for 30% more fuel instead.

Last edited:

slopoke

I have a Peron 4 port bare bones kit on the way. I went with the Peron, because they are affiliated with Akropovic. If you are not familiar with that brand, they make some beautifully crafted TI and stainless steel exhaust systems for motorcycles. I've used their exhausts on my R1, ZX-12R, GSXR-1000 and FZ-1. So, given the craftsmanship and quality of Akrapovic, I chose the Peron.

Both the Peron and Boomba keeps use of all three alternator mount points. I contacted Peron directly and asked them about the alternator issues that the Stratified system has, and they assured me that all three bolts are used. The Boomba instructional video online shows the installation of their manifold spacer, which is the fuel rail spacer less the rail. In the video it shows them installing all of the bolts for the alternator.

Yes you can do a Boomba for a little cheaper, but then you now have to interconnect the two separate fuel rails or run a separate hose to each separate fuel rail. Whereas the Peron and Stratified use a single length rail and only one fuel hose connection point. That adds to the cost and AN flared hardware is not cheap. The Boomba kit does not have any plumbing hardware and from the parts list of plumbing hardware I was going to use, the price of that was roughly $170.00 by itself.

I'm waiting to get the spacer/rail in my hands before I order my injectors, don't really know if it's setup for EV14 compact or standard length ones.

So,if it's a standard length injector, I'm going to use a split spray 50lb injector. If it's compact, I'll use a standard single spray 50lb EV14 injector. For the controller, it'll be a Split Second AIC1-V4H w/4 Channel Tach. MSRP for the controller is $299 plus shipping direct from them, but you can get it from Edge Autosport.com for $295 with free shipping.

The Peron system can be done roughly $300 dollars cheaper than the Stratified system, depending on which injectors you use and who you get them from.

Anyhow, the Boomba injects fuel to only one of the intake runners per cylinder and so only one valve gets the benefit of fuel cleaning it. The Statified has alternator mounting issues for the 4 port setup and their throttle body spacer single injector setup does non assure that all four cylinders is getting the same fuel mixture. The Peron setup is a little more than the Boomba, but you have fuel spraying on all eight intake valves, plus Ron at Whoosh is a great fellow with the best customer service that I have had the pleasure to experience.

Also, even though the Stratified and Peron spray all 8 valves and the Boomba only sprays 4. The additional injectors only come into play when you are really on it. So the additional injectors won't be spraying fuel to clean the valves all the time and in my opinion regular treatments of your choice of cleaner should be sprayed into the intake for regular maintenance.

Lastly, I've read that with the alternator tilted fwd a few degrees, the stock length belt puts a lot of tension on the tensioner pully. So, I'm going to order the next size bigger belt.

Decisions, decisions, good luck to you!!

koozy

3000 Post Club
fact, there's more single port aux systems out in use over the 4 port injectors. and that's mickey mouse if the Strat system can't fit with the alternator/belt working in OE fashion.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #8
I've actually been waiting for it, but they are taking their sweet a$$ time lol

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #10
I have a Peron 4 port bare bones kit on the way. I went with the Peron, because they are affiliated with Akropovic. If you are not familiar with that brand, they make some beautifully crafted TI and stainless steel exhaust systems for motorcycles. I've used their exhausts on my R1, ZX-12R, GSXR-1000 and FZ-1. So, given the craftsmanship and quality of Akrapovic, I chose the Peron.

Both the Peron and Boomba keeps use of all three alternator mount points. I contacted Peron directly and asked them about the alternator issues that the Stratified system has, and they assured me that all three bolts are used. The Boomba instructional video online shows the installation of their manifold spacer, which is the fuel rail spacer less the rail. In the video it shows them installing all of the bolts for the alternator.

Yes you can do a Boomba for a little cheaper, but then you now have to interconnect the two separate fuel rails or run a separate hose to each separate fuel rail. Whereas the Peron and Stratified use a single length rail and only one fuel hose connection point. That adds to the cost and AN flared hardware is not cheap. The Boomba kit does not have any plumbing hardware and from the parts list of plumbing hardware I was going to use, the price of that was roughly $170.00 by itself.

I'm waiting to get the spacer/rail in my hands before I order my injectors, don't really know if it's setup for EV14 compact or standard length ones.

So,if it's a standard length injector, I'm going to use a split spray 50lb injector. If it's compact, I'll use a standard single spray 50lb EV14 injector. For the controller, it'll be a Split Second AIC1-V4H w/4 Channel Tach. MSRP for the controller is $299 plus shipping direct from them, but you can get it from Edge Autosport.com for $295 with free shipping.

The Peron system can be done roughly $300 dollars cheaper than the Stratified system, depending on which injectors you use and who you get them from.

Anyhow, the Boomba injects fuel to only one of the intake runners per cylinder and so only one valve gets the benefit of fuel cleaning it. The Statified has alternator mounting issues for the 4 port setup and their throttle body spacer single injector setup does non assure that all four cylinders is getting the same fuel mixture. The Peron setup is a little more than the Boomba, but you have fuel spraying on all eight intake valves, plus Ron at Whoosh is a great fellow with the best customer service that I have had the pleasure to experience.

Also, even though the Stratified and Peron spray all 8 valves and the Boomba only sprays 4. The additional injectors only come into play when you are really on it. So the additional injectors won't be spraying fuel to clean the valves all the time and in my opinion regular treatments of your choice of cleaner should be sprayed into the intake for regular maintenance.

Lastly, I've read that with the alternator tilted fwd a few degrees, the stock length belt puts a lot of tension on the tensioner pully. So, I'm going to order the next size bigger belt.

Decisions, decisions, good luck to you!!
This is the type of respons i was looking for, thanks alot

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #12
fact, there's more single port aux systems out in use over the 4 port injectors. and that's mickey mouse if the Strat system can't fit with the alternator/belt working in OE fashion.
You mean, more people are using single port, i've read its uneven fueling per cilinder...

slopoke

Just an FYI, got a response from Peron regarding what length injectors their system uses. They stated the standard EV14 length with 48mm O-ring to O-ring distance. So if you use their system, you can use a split spray injector.

If you are not familiar with the split spray, the injector sprays two streams at an angle. That way the fuel does not spray straight down and hit the leading edge of the center divider of the Peron spacer. Talking to the owner of Fuel Injector Connection, he says you don't really need a split spray injector, but it doesn't hurt to use one. Watch the video, the second from the left spray pattern is what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=9gkJt9t1Vvo

If you are going to use a Boomba setup. They fit a EV14 compact injector and it only comes in a single stream spray pattern.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Why not travel this route? Just saying.... even fuel spread to all 4 cylinders

http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-ST-Uprated-Bosch-Injectors_p_16.html
Nor sure why no comments or much discussion on this... You simply replace the stock injectors and get a custom tune, done... Far simpler installation, can anyone comment on this?

Edit: Major downside is no valve cleaning, AND major tuning challenge apparently, but good for simple additional 30% even fuel across all cylinders to max out a turbo.

slopoke

Nor sure why no comments or much discussion on this... You simply replace the stock injectors and get a custom tune, done... Far simpler installation, can anyone comment on this?

Edit: Major downside is no valve cleaning, AND major tuning challenge apparently, but good for simple additional 30% even fuel across all cylinders to max out a turbo.
Well for me, future upgrade compatibility is usually in my planning process. The 4 port will grow with what ever upgrades I do in the future, the uprated injectors may not. Buy once, cry once.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well for me, future upgrade compatibility is usually in my planning process. The 4 port will grow with what ever upgrades I do in the future, the uprated injectors may not. Buy once, cry once.
Absolutely... the larger stock injectors may be fine for "just" maxing out a hybrid upgrade, but also has the downsides I mentioned, while the 4 port aux system is more intrusive but does give you the ability to grow into bigger turbos AND wash the valves to help prevent carbon buildup.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Absolutely... the larger stock injectors may be fine for "just" maxing out a hybrid upgrade, but also has the downsides I mentioned, while the 4 port aux system is more intrusive but does give you the ability to grow into bigger turbos AND wash the valves to help prevent carbon buildup.
Carbon buildup....just do an Italian Tune up whenever you drive the car...blow it all right out! Haha kidding...

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Carbon buildup....just do an Italian Tune up whenever you drive the car...blow it all right out! Haha kidding...
No, you're actually on the right track, Stratified recommends "sending it" and frequent oil changes with decent stuff to prevent DI... I bet running an e30 tune helps too, I'm sure the ethanol vapors helps keeps things cleaned out and the higher power and boost that it allows for doesn't hurt either. :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, you're actually on the right track, Stratified recommends "sending it" and frequent oil changes with decent stuff to prevent DI... I bet running an e30 tune helps too, I'm sure the ethanol vapors helps keeps things cleaned out and the higher power and boost that it allows for doesn't hurt either. :)
Now having A gen2 2860 ....going down on ramps is the best part of my day and at the end of my day going home....Jason at Dizzy is doing a great job....I recommend his services !

Last edited: