Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Tune Chips
0 Likes

New Member 5 Rep Points BojixFiST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tune Chips

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anybody have any knowledge/experience on "RaceChip RS" tuner?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Administrator Staff Team 693 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BojixFiST View Post
    Anybody have any knowledge/experience on "RaceChip RS" tuner?

They're basically piggy-back chips that lack a lot of customization ability that you can get through the Cobb AP. For the money I would go with Cobb.
    2014 Fiesta ST - Mountune Intake, Cobb Tune, 3M Clear Bra, 3M Window Tint, ESM Wheels, BC Coilovers, Bazooka Bass Tube, Rockford Fosgate Amp
    2016 Focus RS - Focus RS Build

Want a free FiestaSTForum decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Google+ - Flickr

Senior Member 280 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who are concerned with warranty with an AP leaving behind a ignition cycle count of zero when uninstalled, then piggyback devices may be an option. I know the Delta Boost Module at ~$240 will safely give up to 4 psi extra boost, but have not heard of this one.

Edit: Here is the link to the exact product options for the FiST. Seems pretty pricey, although looks nice, at $550 for the full deal with app control AND no details on how it makes 55 HP / 63 TQ on our stock turbo sounds a bit scary... Only way I know of to get 55 HP, even BHP, over stock is to get an e30 tune, so even though I'm open-minded I'm pretty doubtful of it's claims.
    https://www.racechip.us/shop/ford/fi...-214lb-ft.html
    Last edited by danbfree; 10-15-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any numbers on the HP and TQ with running the Delta Boost Module?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any numbers on the HP and TQ with running the Delta Boost Module?
    It's a legit option for a bit more power, even Ron sells it... from the description on the Whoosh site: "Flowmaster's Delta Boost Performance Tuner is a simple way to gain up to 4 psi in boost pressure with an easy to install plug and play unit on Ford EcoBoost engines. This results in gains of up to 18 HP and 25 ft lbs of torque." https://whooshmotorsports.com/collec...-free-shipping

And with zero trace left behind when removed, it's truly fully warranty friendly and has realistic gains unlike this expensive one posted...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    It's a legit option for a bit more power, even Ron sells it... from the description on the Whoosh site: "Flowmaster's Delta Boost Performance Tuner is a simple way to gain up to 4 psi in boost pressure with an easy to install plug and play unit on Ford EcoBoost engines. This results in gains of up to 18 HP and 25 ft lbs of torque." https://whooshmotorsports.com/collec...-free-shipping

And with zero trace left behind when removed, it's truly fully warranty friendly and has realistic gains unlike this expensive one posted...
    Wow thanks so much for that info !

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wow thanks so much for that info !

Sure man, happy to help... Personally I couldn't resist all the goodies and options available with an AP, but it's a legit option for a bit more power if you insist on not risking your warranty at all.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk