Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Member 28 Rep Points Turtle's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I honestly don't think demand will be any different on parts even though Ford will stop selling the car over here in the States. Even though a new model is being produced overseas, a lot of the parts do carry over to an extent and being that is it a very common/mainstream vehicle, parts should still be readily available. For what it's worth, I can still find parts for my 18 year old Audi with no issues.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all 4 window switches replaced, 2014 car, Rockauto sells it like 50% less compare to Canadian dealer

Member 131 Rep Points Zormecteon's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JT58.Bronco66 View Post
    Wow, I have another 5 years to go to retire and will put 15-20K a year on it on my super long commute. It will have 100K on it by then and at that point the value will be so low and if it gets me that far I will be happy. I can't imagine 200K out of the car personally but I could be wrong.
    I bought this as my retirement car. I've seen too many people who retire and think that they can finally get that big car they've always wanted. Then, 15 years later they're heads barely reach to see out the windshield and they feel the car is too big for them to drive. Plus they can't afford the gas for their behemoth. This car is small, can get good fuel economy when it's wanted, has enough room to haul things when the rear seat is folded down, and of course has the handling and zip of a sports car. There really is nothing else on the market that fulfills all those "needs". Don't know what I could replace it with, so I'll just keep it running.
    mountune mods;... Mp215, High Flow Induction Hose,Complete Intercooler Upgrade,Silicone Coolant Hoses, Quick Shift Kit, Spring Set, Rear Motor Mount, Front Shock Tower Brace and a Mishimoto Trunk Brace.

Senior Member 1225 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zormecteon View Post
    I bought this as my retirement car. I've seen too many people who retire and think that they can finally get that big car they've always wanted. Then, 15 years later they're heads barely reach to see out the windshield and they feel the car is too big for them to drive. Plus they can't afford the gas for their behemoth. This car is small, can get good fuel economy when it's wanted, has enough room to haul things when the rear seat is folded down, and of course has the handling and zip of a sports car. There really is nothing else on the market that fulfills all those "needs". Don't know what I could replace it with, so I'll just keep it running.
    ^^^THIS! (Plus, I REFUSE to drive an Avalon/Camry just because that is what a 'fossil' is now "supposed to drive". )
    Last edited by M-Sport fan; 10-17-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 174 Rep Points LaserWhisperer's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

~67k on her, tuned since 15k.

I've only HAD to replace brakes, tires, and oil :-)

They're stout little f*ckers

EDIT: Battery too

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for those (like me) who do mostly highway miles (about 75-90%) getting 200k miles would be easy.
    A friend of mine got a 225k mile Elantra, and did another 60k miles on it. So it wouldn't surprise me, if Ford can do 250k highway miles.
    It'll take quite some time getting there at 15-20k miles a year though, which is why the question.

Member 231 Rep Points Capri to ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Where's the dude with 200k+ and a big turbo at?

IIRC other than usual maintenance he had to replace a radiator at some point. but Im missing the thread...
    I saw @antarctica24's posts about his legendary car. He reported being stock up to 150k miles, then adding lots of power. At 175k he was still on the original clutch, belts and hoses, and said he'd had no repairs or issues, which was all great news to me.

Here's his thread, I just found it-
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-000-(updated)
    2016 KONA BLUE FIESTA ST
    MP 215, RECAROS, TD PRO RACE 1.2 WHEELS

1995 ACURA NSX-T

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capri to ST View Post
    I saw @antarctica24's posts about his legendary car. He reported being stock up to 150k miles, then adding lots of power. At 175k he was still on the original clutch, belts and hoses, and said he'd had no repairs or issues, which was all great news to me.

Here's his thread, I just found it-
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-000-(updated)
    He now has 177k miles on it, in 3 years (last post was in 2017).
    It's better to get 250k miles on a car in 3 years, than 175k miles in 10 years.
    I bet a lot of them were highway miles, as he lives in Australia?

Senior Member 351 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

It'll probably rust out prior having to worry about part availability. Hopefully it will surprise me...
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Very interested in this thread. I bought mine in April (new 2017) for a 144 mile daily commute, about 40k per year. At 24.5k today, halfway from MO to Octane Academy! So far, just oil. I do hope the car's good for 200k, cuz I love it, and will love it even a tiny bit more when it's paid for. I'm not retirement age yet, but I'm pushing 50...and I will not go gently into responsible camryship, no, not ever.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12