Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2006 15x6 Focus ZX4 Alloys or 15x7 Audi 4000 Alloys for 205/50/15 Neogens

anticon

I'm looking to get some cheap wheels for my 205/50/15 Nitto Neogen all-seasons. I don't want to pay to swap tires on my TD Pro Race 1.2 wheels twice a year. Nitto recommends 5.5-7.5" wide rims with 6.5" being ideal. I bought the wider 8 inch TD Pro Race 1.2 wheels to stretch the sidewall just barely enough to support it during turn-in. So I am concerned about going with a skinnier rim width. I'm sure there are a lot of options but I'm down to really just two, both are used. What I'm wondering is will I see much of a difference in everyday daily driving handling between a 6 inch or 7 inch rim, what about spirited weekend drives?

1. 15x6 Alloys from 2006 Focus ZX4 - $80 at picknpull.

2. 15x7 Aftermarket Alloys off 80's Audi 4000. I'm guessing I'll need hub rings. Craigslist $200+.

3. 15x7 Sparco Terras $500+. What I want but don't want to pay for.

Last edited:
OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #2
15x6 or 15x7 that is the question...

I've been trying for a while now to find these wheels locally on CL: https://www.autorimshop.com/ford-fo...MI99yj_pGb3gIViddkCh3jkAAuEAQYBCABEgJglvD_BwE

I think they would be great for a winter setup and don't look half bad either. For your setup, I don't see a problem with 6" wide wheels. If you're after the maximum cornering possible, then yeah a 7" wide is ideal. But since this is just your winter set, you'll be just fine with the narrower set. Could always wait for a BF or CM deal on the Terra's?

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #4
I've been trying for a while now to find these wheels locally on CL: https://www.autorimshop.com/ford-fo...MI99yj_pGb3gIViddkCh3jkAAuEAQYBCABEgJglvD_BwE

I think they would be great for a winter setup and don't look half bad either. For your setup, I don't see a problem with 6" wide wheels. If you're after the maximum cornering possible, then yeah a 7" wide is ideal. But since this is just your winter set, you'll be just fine with the narrower set. Could always wait for a BF or CM deal on the Terra's?
I went back and forth on what to buy for a few weeks then the Sparco Terras came back in stock on tirerack and were at the sale price, so I just bought them. I figure I put a lot of work into my car, I might as well get the wheels I want. I can't wait to get them all fitted and installed to see how they look. Also there are a lot of old Focus's in the local PicknPull that seem to have those wheels. You may check there [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION]. The old Audi wheels I was considering may pop up on craigslist again also. I also kept looking at the differences on wheel-size.com's calculator and I thought the terras would probably look the best, I was worried about the focus wheels not clearing the brakes. https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #5
I have to give a shoutout to TireRack. I bought the Sparco Terras from them on sale at $114.94 each. They now have the last two of them in stock at $75.94 so I called them to see if I could get a price match. I didn't expect to get a price match since they are obviously just trying to get rid of the last two in their inventory at this lower price. However, the person I talked to said they would split the difference on the price match, I assumed they just meant on two of the wheels since that was all that was in stock, but they said they would do it for all four. So with just a quick phone call, they credited my CC with $78. I was pretty happy with this, in the end I got the four wheels for about $380 shipped with lugs, not bad.

I have to give a shoutout to TireRack. I bought the Sparco Terras from them on sale at $114.94 each. They now have the last two of them in stock at $75.94 so I called them to see if I could get a price match. I didn't expect to get a price match since they are obviously just trying to get rid of the last two in their inventory at this lower price. However, the person I talked to said they would split the difference on the price match, I assumed they just meant on two of the wheels since that was all that was in stock, but they said they would do it for all four. So with just a quick phone call, they credited my CC with $78. I was pretty happy with this, in the end I got the four wheels for about $380 shipped with lugs, not bad.
Wow, nice! That's a screaming deal for them. Too bad they only have two left :(

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #7
I got them on. I weighed one wheel and tire, and got 37.1 pounds. The 15x7 definitely changes the tire profile from the 15x8. These are both 205/50/15 tires, one on a 15x8 TD Pro Race 1.2 w Conti ECS and the other on the 15x7 Sparco Terras w Nitto Neo Gens.