Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adjust the clutch?

Hi,

The clutch on my ST is gripping quite high (about 1/2-2/3rd off of the bottom, of the clutch).
Is there a way to adjust it to perhaps 1/4th-1/3rd (press the pedal nearly all in, to engage the clutch)?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Different model vehicles will have different characteristics in terms of clutch engagement height and room to slip. This is a model vehicle that has a high engage height and relatively little room to slip. If you're worried about reliability based on that high engage height, you need not worry. However, your foot should * n e v e r * rest upon the clutch pedal. It will be burnt up if that's how it's being driven.

I don't yet know about this one, but my prior vehicle had an adjustable-length push rod between the pedal and firewall. It was only necessary to adjust it a turn or two at a time. The manual had specifications for clutch engage and release heights, as well as procedures for adjusting, measuring and testing. Adjusting the engage height too low, meant that you could still be slipping while it was floored, and would be fully engaged well before taking your foot off the pedal.