Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spotted and pics taken Liquid Blue ST ar Galpin auto show

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yup she surfaced at Galpin I guess Beu Bockman got his hands oh her after all. Figured I would post it here since it is such a story and its been discussed on here before. Took these a couple weeks back at the Galpin Auto show. They had her locked up tight but the White and Black Recaros were in her and the center pattern was slightly different from our ST stock Recaros. As the bands ran staright across and were not sectioned like on ours. Also notice he has it stickered as a Ford Prototype lol . We all know it was originally a base Oxford White car from the Factory as has been docomented online.

Last edited:

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very cool, glad its going to a good home.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yup she surfaced at Galpin I guess Beu Bockman got his hands oh her after all. Figured I would post it here since it is such a story and its been discussed on here before. Took these a couple weeks back at the Galpin Auto show. They had her locked up tight but the White and Black Recaros were in her and the center pattern was slightly different from our ST stock Recaros. As the bands ran staright across and were not sectioned like on ours. Also notice he has it stickered as a Ford Prototype lol . We all know it was originally a base Oxford White car from the Factory as has been docomented online.

The Paint job on this from what I remember was sordove a 10 footer in some spots....its just like the Radar Blue GMC Typhoon back In the day.....[party]. It is just like the Lethal weapon Typhoon or the Falling down Typhoon. This will be passed around like A doobie during a Deadhead concert @ Redrocks.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
The Paint job on this from what I remember was sordove a 10 footer in some spots....its just like the Radar Blue GMC Typhoon back In the day.....[party]. It is just like the Lethal weapon Typhoon or the Falling down Typhoon. This will be passed around like A doobie during a Deadhead concert @ Redrocks.
Did you see it at the Detriot Auto show? Basically no one call tell the real quality of a paint job by pictures.
The paint job looked good , what I did spot was areas might have bodyworked. This in fact is in line woht the back story as the flaws it had previous pics on Bring a Trailer were no longer evident.

This car was most likely a carrier mishap car. I.E. damaged in transit and pulled off the sales line. Automakers cannot sell cars damaged in transit.
The paint job amd color itself were/are not cheap. Thats easily a tri coat if not quad. Even Tri Coats are not cheap to do as they are hard to get right and costly.
My Orange Spice would be an expensive repaint.

Its one of the reasons Ford never brought it market. I think They threw Lightening Blue at us a comprimise .Funny thing is its offered on stock 2018-2019 Fiestas but not ST’s.
Though its available on Mustangs.

Oh and if you think it will be passed around you are obviously oblivous about Galpin Ford.
They are the worlds largest Volume Ford dealer. They have a collection of Rare Fords that is pretty amazing.
The Bockman family has owned Galipin for a very long time. Beu’s dad was the one that got there whole Ford Racing Performance department going. Lot of Heritage there Beu is not going to let go of this car. Lol he chased it down.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm pretty sure that he is the Third owner....so that makes it a Doobie car.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Having trouble finding the NAIAS pictures, but I thought it had that "prototype, locked for your protection" sticker on it at the show in 2016. I know I took a bunch of pictures of it, but not sure where they went.

Anyway, glad the car has a good home.

Having trouble finding the NAIAS pictures, but I thought it had that "prototype, locked for your protection" sticker on it at the show in 2016. I know I took a bunch of pictures of it, but not sure where they went.

Anyway, glad the car has a good home.
You are correct, when the vehicle was shown at the NAIAS it had those stickers.
They were removed before I bought the car, so I guess someone at Galpin added them back again. A nice idea, in my opinion.

efoxidtqiujhyu4ohr3g.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You are correct, when the vehicle was shown at the NAIAS it had those stickers.
They were removed before I bought the car, so I guess someone at Galpin added them back again. A nice idea, in my opinion.

View attachment 18986
Hopefully that's just Great Midwest salt streak on that door! not El scratcho! [bawling]

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Hopefully that's just Great Midwest salt streak on that door! not El scratcho! [bawling]
That’s actually a reflection on the paint of the showroom on the other side of the driveway at Galpin. Look closelu at the pic and you will thats the outline of the roofline. There was so much sun it was hard taken pics without capturing reflection in the polished paint. Happens all the time here when you take pics in the bright sun. You either get extreme reflection or Sun wash out.
Plus that was my 3 year old phone taking those pics.

Oh i should add this was at a car show at Galpin lol they are not about to put a car out on display with messed up paint. Lol

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Why don't you have them touch up your whole car?

Dave
You mean have them repaint my Orange Spice in Liquid Blue?lol I would rather try to buy that car off Beu but I bet he would want an arm and a leg for it. Its by far my favorite color on a ST though.