Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine replacement

So I just found out that my 2015 fiesta st engined was replaced in may .... it has 28k miles on it know . It has mountune intercooler , mountune exhaust and hoses . Was told by previous owner that it's not tuned . Any body else needed a engined replacement? Is this a common problem ? Was told misfire on cylinder 1 and the engine was pulling and ford replaced it . Is there any thing I should look out for or check with this new engine . I've had it s couple weeks and seems fine

28,000 miles since May? That's an awful lot of miles in 5 months. With the intercooler, exhaust and hoses, it might not be tuned now because perhaps the prior owner uninstalled an Accessport and reinstalled the OEM tune before he sold it to you. It would be very improbable to install the FMIC and the exhaust and the hoses on a car that was never tuned. I also don't understand what it means that an engine was "pulling" so Ford paid the cost of replacing it. Did your seller show you receipts for the engine replacement from an authorized ford dealer?

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
No not that many miles in 5 months , that's just what it has now. The engine was replaced 5 months ago . The car total has 28k .. and I contacted the dealer that did the work that's what they said. That they replaced the engine . I bought it from a different dealer , found out the engine was replaced by contacting the previous owner for info on the car . He said ford put a brand new engine and I called the dealer and confirmed that. So yeah it has the whole setup just dont jow if its tuned or not .

There is no way for you to know for sure short of taking it to a dealer and then paying them to reflash back to stock. But there is no real reason to do that. If it does have a tune, you probably don't want to lose it. If it doesn't, you would just be back in the same place. Since it is running great, I think you should just drive it and enjoy it. If you ever want to install a tune you choose, your accessport will store whatever is in there now as your base tune, and install your new tune for you.

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
Ok thanks I was just worried why would a almost new car need a new engine .... .my first big purchase so just being careful hope it's not an ongoing problem .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I could have had the early cars' ('14-'15, early '16 builds) overheating troubles, and then subsequent head cracking problem, which if extensive enough, and maybe hurting the short block, would warrant a whole engine replacement under warranty. ;)

OP
O
Thread Starter #7
Thank you for the reassurance , think I got a good car thanks for your help

I could have had the early cars' ('14-'15, early '16 builds) overheating troubles, and then subsequent head cracking problem, which if extensive enough, and maybe hurting the short block, would warrant a whole engine replacement under warranty. ;)
I recall reading member posts the problem is usually cyl 3. Being middle of engine block. (Pete, Hijinks, been a while...)

Quisp

1000 Post Club
My 2015 had coolant loss on #3 and engine replaced at 8k . I had a tune at the time. I'm at 56k now with a x47r and no problems.

OP
O
Thread Starter #10
My engine was replaced at 24. I'm sure it was tuned cuz it has everything. I'll be getting my tune in a few weeks. Hows the x47r compared to stock turbo

Quisp

1000 Post Club
My engine was replaced at 24. I'm sure it was tuned cuz it has everything. I'll be getting my tune in a few weeks. Hows the x47r compared to stock turbo
Totally transformed the car . I've had it over a year and it's still amazes me how hard it pulls to 7k .