Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aluminum Valve Stems

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune is selling fifteen52 aluminum valve stems. What's the lifespan of aluminum valve stems? Will they last through multiple tire changes? Obviously, the stem itself should last forever, but is the rubber gasket going to require replacement on a regular basis?
I'd just stick with the good old OEM....seems like it would be a PITA to deal with....IMO....coming from the Rustbelt states of corrosion....even if you don't live where I am....Ozone eats rubber quickly like wiper blades and heat and rubber not good bad fellow.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I'd just stick with the good old OEM....seems like it would be a PITA to deal with....IMO....coming from the Rustbelt states of corrosion....even if you don't live where I am....Ozone eats rubber quickly like wiper blades and heat and rubber not good bad fellow.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
On my previous car, I had Enkei RPF1s that came with metal valve stems and they looked pretty cool -- but if they're not going to pay for themselves by having a longer lifespan, then they're probably more trouble than they are worth (like you said)

I'm running 949 racing alu valve stems, i like them, survived a season of auto-x from adjusting tire pressures quite a bit
It will not see snow and salt.
I never had issues with good old rubber stems either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just use the real short, TR 412 size rubber valve stems (don't care about TPMS), as they are much less flexible when checking pressure and adding air, and simply change them out at every tire change. ;)