Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Built Ford Proud advertising campaign

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ford has officially launched its new "Built Ford Proud" campaign aimed at reclaiming it's image.
[video=youtube;HVlfclOpsK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlfclOpsK8[/video]
[video=youtube;SR_mGhT2iLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_mGhT2iLM[/video]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It should be BFP/Built For Phallus's....That's my abbreviations for them ditching Passenger cars......Gas will go up.. they will be caught with there pants down...not everyone wants a pony car....55k+ F-150 or 40K+ Ranger.[smackbum]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I really like the new Toyota commercial I keep seeing. They show many cars from the line up and one thing make sure to show is the shifting of a manual gearbox in new Corolla hatch. They offer little Something for everyone. Maybe ford can take note.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I like the idea behind the advertisements, but don't care for the products. A proudly built Edge ST still isn't a Fiesta ST, Focus ST, or Focus RS. A proudly built Edge ST is still an overpriced Edge Sport with the "port" removed from the name. A new company slogan or branding exercise can't make up for not having a product portfolio I would be interested in. Of course, any of us who bought a Ford car is in a minority that no longer matters to the company. Ford really doesn't care what we think, we aren't who they are selling to.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Ford has now put me in this category.

Dave
Yep, and it took me a long time before I finally came to grips with that. Back when Ford announced all of the changes this past spring, I took to online to shake my fist and how upset I was about it. A friend of mine, who used to be at Ford, basically said the company doesn't need me as a customer. If I don't make them any money by purchasing products that don't make the company any money, then they don't need me as a customer. I don't have enough income to purchase what they want to sell me (at least without payments), so it is better to not offer anything to sell to me. I completely understand it from a business standpoint, just hard to accept. Ford doesn't care if they lose a Fiesta or Focus buyer. We could either love or hate their new advertising slogans. Ford doesn't care either way. They want people who see value in a $75,000 truck, a $50,000 Mustang, or a $100,000 luxury SUV. Nobody at Ford is worried about the people buying $20,000 compact cars. We simply don't matter.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The idea of brand loyalty is just plain stupid in today's age. I actually do need a Truck well it would make life easier, and I plan on getting one in the next 5 years. Will it be a Ford I don't know? I probably won't buy new. Would I drive one everyday absolutely not gas cost too much. I have no problem buying a Hyundai or a Kia for a car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The idea of brand loyalty is just plain stupid in today's age. I actually do need a Truck well it would make life easier, and I plan on getting one in the next 5 years. Will it be a Ford I don't know? I probably won't buy new. Would I drive one everyday absolutely not gas cost too much. I have no problem buying a Hyundai or a Kia for a car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Brand loyalty with truck buyers is massive. Commercial vehicles and personal trucks see significant brand loyalty. Automakers work very hard to pull truck buyers from other brands. Car buyers are less loyal for some reason.