Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

swap from x37 to 47r worth it?

well its busy this fall which means spend moe money. what can I expect for the step up. also I notice pwnall likes the open air intake instead of say a upgrade like the mountune box. please explain gents. thanks boyracer

jeff

2000 Post Club
Can't comment on the step up but I will say I went from box to open CPE intake back to box. After the swap back (it was too loud, too many whooshing noises) I could hear the bass again and my temps remained about the same, and with a ram air induction hose, crossover and panel filter I still get 31.5 lbs of airflow which isn't too bad.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
thanks jeff

so nobody else has contemplated this swap yet? hmm

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #5
well my x37 had growing pains with the inadequate montune intercooler. now that I have a cp-e that is over with. so maybe I hold where I am at. thanks quisp for the info. boyracer

well my x37 had growing pains with the inadequate montune intercooler. now that I have a cp-e that is over with. so maybe I hold where I am at. thanks quisp for the info. boyracer
For reference man-
‘If you already have an x37/47 then just stick with it, there is no upgrade going to an x47r, only downrade’ -Adam Brunson In a fiesta st group on Facebook today.

pwnall1337

Vendor
The x47r is a more powerful turbo than the x37. The x37 is more for power goals in the 250-260 whp range (93) and 280-290 whp (e30) where as the x47r with single port aux fuel on e30 will make 320-330 whp and 280 whp on 93.

It more depends on how far you're willing to go, is the upgrade worth it in my opinion? yes, but the x37 is still a very nice turbo for bolt ons and the stock fuel system.