Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Homemade 3D printed shift knob

Was about to order a shift knob and it occurred to me that I should at least have a go at printing one. Many prototypes later, I've posted up the current version to Thingiverse here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170820

Requires a multi-material printer and a bit of finishing work to get it like the picture, but nothing exotic if you're already into 3D printing. Ends up heavy and I think it looks pretty nice finished -- the pic below is of an earlier but serviceable prototype. And it doesn't use a whole lot of material to print.

IMG_20181014_184823.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Was about to order a shift knob and it occurred to me that I should at least have a go at printing one. Many prototypes later, I've posted up the current version to Thingiverse here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170820

Requires a multi-material printer and a bit of finishing work to get it like the picture, but nothing exotic if you're already into 3D printing. And the cost of materials is under $5.

View attachment 18654
That is pretty nice! How is the fitment? are you gonna do a production run? Different colors etc.! [party]

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Fitment is very good (if I do say so myself). Not sure about a production run, since I have a day job and the process of printing, weighting and finishing would need some refinement to get the labor cost down.

I was looking for a new shift knob to print. I'll give it a go.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk