Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Head Gasket Replacement - List of parts needed

I'm going through a bad a head gasket on my Fist. I'm having a shop do the work, but I want to bring them all the gaskets needed to do the job. I want to make sure they are going to be using Ford OEM and this is the only way to ensure that happens.

Does anyone know the exact gaskets I need for this particular job?

Yes, I did search for this info on the forums. Thanks in advance!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Call your local ford dealer. They actually sell a head gasket replacement set. With the head gasket, intake gasket valve cover gasket, valve seats and more I'm forgetting. You would also need to source 10 replacement head bolts while your at it. I think that should just about cover you replacement part wise. I would also replace the water pump, thermostat and thermostat gasket if it was my car.

Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Call your local ford dealer. They actually sell a head gasket replacement set. With the head gasket, intake gasket valve cover gasket, valve seats and more I'm forgetting. You would also need to source 10 replacement head bolts while your at it. I think that should just about cover you replacement part wise. I would also replace the water pump, thermostat and thermostat gasket if it was my car.

Best of luck!

I have arp headstuds, Ford 180F thermostat, and I'm going to be ordering a water pump as well.

Thanks for the tip

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I have arp headstuds, Ford 180F thermostat, and I'm going to be ordering a water pump as well.

Thanks for the tip
Yeah it sounds like you have a solid plan. The ford head gaskets are MLS and good stuff. I run one on my built engine.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Yeah it sounds like you have a solid plan. The ford head gaskets are MLS and good stuff. I run one on my built engine.

I'm going with a JE Pro Seal head gasket. Wishing for the best..

Also just ordered the Pumaspeed block kit..

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
I see....what were the Indicators that it popped?
Car started losing coolant, like maybe half a quart for like a week. Then 1 gallon in one week. Then overheating in 5 minutes of normal driving.

I had coolant seeping through the side of the engine.

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
I ordered this part number kit from Tasca.

CJ5Z-6079-E

Is this is the right one for the head gasket replacement? Tasca does not pick up the phone, so this looks correct but I need some help here.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I ordered this part number kit from Tasca.

CJ5Z-6079-E

Is this is the right one for the head gasket replacement? Tasca does not pick up the phone, so this looks correct but I need some help here.
That sounds like the right kit.

Car started losing coolant, like maybe half a quart for like a week. Then 1 gallon in one week. Then overheating in 5 minutes of normal driving.

I had coolant seeping through the side of the engine.
Have you had the engine tested for compression across each cylinder ?