Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone running Whiteline springs?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I
Nice! Jordan is a great guy. I work with him a ton on Mustang builds.

Correct, nothing listed for the Fiesta right now. You'll have to email or message him/the biz page on Facebook for anything FiST related.
I already own Whitelines they are going in after warranty work is done. Jusr wanted to now your Black Friday price.

Pulled the trigger on these instead of swift. Cant wait to see how they feel and look. No shipping info yet but it'll come soon as possible im sure, Ron the Don Juan stays on the case.[thumb]

I hope the other guy had some stock
We bought up all the Whiteline inventory plus oversold by 10 sets or so
I paid $170.

He does not have them in stock, but I'm in no rush so I don't mind waiting and helping out a friend. Good for you though, it's nice to see vendors actually stock product still in this drop ship world.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I paid $170.

He does not have them in stock, but I'm in no rush so I don't mind waiting and helping out a friend. Good for you though, it's nice to see vendors actually stock product still in this drop ship world.
we stock most parts except those that everyone and their cat and bird advertise such as MBRP, Magnaflow, etc the usual suspects
from 5K turbo kits to 2k brake kits we have them, not drop ship
also just brought in a few pallets of cp-e if anyone wants a last minute deal on cp-e exhaust, rear motor mounts, have a few COBB AP's etc etc

[rockon]

So now that I've had some time to drive on my whiteline springs with factory struts, here is my impression.

They are an excellent replacement for those who want a street car that can do track duty while on a budget. I find that whiteline has done a good job with the progressive nature of the springs to soak up minor road imperfections while accepting weight transfers under fast cornering without leaning too much. Compromises will always exist with a product like this and I find that rebound nature of this setup can be a little "springy" when on a bad road with lots of random imperfections. I can feel the different corners of the car fighting to do their job against other corners. Some of this blame can be put on the design of the rear setup with the flex beam so I don't want to be too hard on it. On a smooth road I can roll into an onramp and this car feels like it's easily pulling around 1g even on snow tires. When I can keep the tires from breaking free the car just claws through even tight turns now. I wouldn't hesitate to take this car to a track day and think that I could go out an embarrass a lot of sports cars if I can keep the momentum up. Put me on a tight track like limerock and I even wonder if I could match lap times with my C6 corvette by braking later and carrying speed. I'm not sure spending $1k more on suspension would really do much to increase track times until on proper racing slicks where I would need stiffer struts up front.

So I'm left asking myself how much happier would I be on budget coil-overs, premium one way adjustable, and then something like a KW V3 where I can even set rebound. I think the answer is that for a car I drive to work everyday but want to enjoy, I've made the right choice. I don't think making it more racecar is the right move for me at this time. If I had a magical gift of money would I put an LSD into the car over spending money on better suspension? hell yes I would. Given unlimited fund sure I'd do it all have the V3s with that.

I'd really like to try the swifts or some other springs at some point to see how they compare, but one thing is clear, for around $200 I got my money's worth.

On a sidenote, I'm running 205/60/15 tires which rub like crazy on big compressions, especially when turning. This is all my fault, but I had the tires already for another car. I'm just driving around it for now.

we stock most parts except those that everyone and their cat and bird advertise such as MBRP, Magnaflow, etc the usual suspects
from 5K turbo kits to 2k brake kits we have them, not drop ship
also just brought in a few pallets of cp-e if anyone wants a last minute deal on cp-e exhaust, rear motor mounts, have a few COBB AP's etc etc

[rockon]
Hey Ron, do you think koni oranges will pair well with Whiteline springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stock strut valving is really good, are you sure you need to upgrade them. I would advise to just do the springs or spend more and go coilovers to get more travel.

stock strut valving is really good, are you sure you need to upgrade them. I would advise to just do the springs or spend more and go coilovers to get more travel.
My shocks are going out, so I need to replace them. I’m now thinking of going with the Bilstein B4 (OEM) with the Koni Str.t in the rear with the whitelines or another lowering spring. Still researching.

It can get a little bouncy on the concrete highways/roads we have out here. I already have Koni orange rears (not on the car) and wouldn’t mind being a little lower. I would like to know if anyone is running white lines with oranges or even the suspension techniques lowering springs and how the ride is.

It can get a little bouncy on the concrete highways/roads we have out here. I already have Koni orange rears (not on the car) and wouldn’t mind being a little lower. I would like to know if anyone is running white lines with oranges or even the suspension techniques lowering springs and how the ride is.

Those are the other lowering springs I’ve been looking at, made by KW. I’m looking to just minimize the wheel gap completely, but not entirely slammed, I’m located in SoCal so that’s not gonna happen.

Koni Orange -- So it was asked and I don't think it's the easiest to answer, and probably not an easy read, so I will attempt to provide a perspective on the very basics... first let's look at the stock setup and then how we change for higher spring rates.... stock struts/shocks have too much compression damping (especially high speed compression, too slow) and not enough rebound damping (too fast) for the stock springs (especially shocks lack the rebound). With the stock springs, Koni Orange will improve (speed up) compression damping providing better comfort even and also control, and the rebound is also a little slower. They are decent for use along with the stock springs, and an improvement. The rebound damping is the same as Koni Yellow set to the fastest setting per Koni BTW.

If we increase spring rates from 172f/137r to 222f/165r with the Whiteline springs, the stiffer rates work WITH the compression and AGAINST the rebound. So compared to stock springs, the rebound needs to be slowed down to control the higher spring rates, and it's preferable that the compression is softened (high speed compression for sharp impacts and low speed for brake dive and cornering, as the springs are working the same direction as the compression damping circuit).

For the Witelines, the Koni Orange is a good step better than the stock again in both aspects, but still lacks the rebound needed for controlling the higher than stock rates... the Koni Yellows would be able to match the higher rate springs better as they are similar to the Orange in the fastest rebound setting, and we can adjust the rebound to slow and better control the higher rate spring. Looking further at the Whiteline springs, they have a soft rate area right at the beginning of travel, and Koni Orange will work better than stock especially driving on the streets on the softer part of the coil, but more aggressive driving the Whiteline springs will overpower the Orange rebound so it will be more bouncy and less grip/control. I think the Yellow is a better solution due to that, especially with the rear, it needs to be cranked down at least to where there's only an 1/8 turn left .

Another opinion... but I haven't tested this myself... The Bilsteins seem to use a position sensitive rebound damping system for stock height or lower height springs, and the Bilsteins which are designed for STOCK height springs actually may match up to the Whiteline springs performance wise as a less expensive solution to the Koni Yellows. For going with softer lowering springs (Mountune and especially the very soft Eibach), the lower height Bilsteins may match up a little better. I think the Swift springs need Koni Yellow shocks as a minimum, or something more advanced and adjustable.