Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone running Whiteline springs?

I installed the springs pictured on a buddies car today. After driving it around for an hour or so today, then taking my car out to datalog tonight, they ride noticeably better than my Mountune springs also.

OP
U
Thread Starter #24
I installed the springs pictured on a buddies car today. After driving it around for an hour or so today, then taking my car out to datalog tonight, they ride noticeably better than my Mountune springs also.
Do they just ride better or is the performance better as well? Do they have a feeling of loading up more than the mountunes do? I’m wondering if they’re so progressive that they end up being more for comfort than performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they just ride better or is the performance better as well? Do they have a feeling of loading up more than the mountunes do? I’m wondering if they’re so progressive that they end up being more for comfort than performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t get a chance to really throw it around yesterday before my buddy had to turn around for a 3 Hour drive home, but on very rough Dallas streets they felt much more responsive than my mountunes, which feel like mush. He just came from a focus st with bc racing coilevers, and told me when he got home these ride better than those did.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I didn’t get a chance to really throw it around yesterday before my buddy had to turn around for a 3 Hour drive home, but on very rough Dallas streets they felt much more responsive than my mountunes, which feel like mush. He just came from a focus st with bc racing coilevers, and told me when he got home these ride better than those did.
One would hope, quite honestly I have never gotten over the hype around BC coilovers. They are really not as great as people make them out to be. Lol I know some respected members run them and like them... but truth be told they are a Korean coilover that popped up im the early part od this century making coilovers for drift cars. Much like a lot of the Chinese crap.
Do not get me started on a lot of the Japanese brands either lol.

I do not feel they compare to any Koni or Bilstein setup out there. One would be better off getting ST’s as they are lower line KW.

In further thinking I think people like them becuase our cars are over damped from the factory at least prior to 17. The ride was already a bit on the rough and tumble side.
So running BC’s felt pretty decent and adustable ride height has its pros.

Did I digress? Lol I am running the Whiteline with Stock shocks and will most likely swap out to Koni at some point.
After expereincing Koni coilovers in my BMW’s and how nice they ride its hard to get behind most of these lower end coil over manufacturers. Lol
Also who has put any real mileage on BC’s and had them hold up?

Ok I will stop now. Lol

KKaWing

BC Racing is without a doubt, Taiwanese. Buddy Club also tends to get shortened to BC coil-overs but what used to be a Japanese brand that possibly used Korean parts at one time is now Taiwanese owned (actually I'm not sure who owns them)... incidentally they do have an application for the Fiesta, but only a Thai or some south Asian distributor ever posted it online (oh hey, AAI has great pictures of it if you can read traditional chinese http://www.aai-racing.com.tw/shop_detail.php?lang=zh&idept=14&isdept=1&pk=394 ).

Yay going off topic :p

Dpro

6000 Post Club
BC Racing is without a doubt, Taiwanese. Buddy Club also tends to get shortened to BC coil-overs but what used to be a Japanese brand that possibly used Korean parts at one time is now Taiwanese owned (actually I'm not sure who owns them)... incidentally they do have an application for the Fiesta, but only a Thai or some south Asian distributor ever posted it online (oh hey, AAI has great pictures of it if you can read traditional chinese http://www.aai-racing.com.tw/shop_detail.php?lang=zh&idept=14&isdept=1&pk=394 ).

Yay going off topic :p
Ahem ... cough cough ah nope. BC stands for Bor CHan industries . Not Buddy Club.lol I was deep in fhe drift scene for years and Buddy Club was indeed a Japanese company that did sell product manufactured in Tawian.

Thouhg the BC coilovers we are seing are Not I repeat not Buddy Club. In facf before they has an official U.S. site you could look them up on the web by Googling Bor Chan industries they have removed those links for the sake of distribution.

Buddy Club Coilovers were always and have always been labeled Buddy Club. In fact thaf link you posted is actually reall Buddy Club not BC notice how they state them as Buddy Club.
Buddy Club is actually well known in the import scene here and no one I know of has ever confused the two as Buddy Club is quite proud of the name Buddy Club and have never called themselves BC I came from that world and was immersed in it.

They also sold some bad ass exhausts as well as other products. I rana Buddy Club Spec II exhaust on my RB25DET powered 240sx slunded bad ass so evil and yes loud.

I digress BC racing is Bor Chan industries

Check this link

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-105323.html

Oh and Whieline springs rock just to bring it back to topic. Lol

SST

so looks like this drops more than Swift by a bit, so the question is, pair these with Bilstein B6 or B8?

Just to sum up, the Whiteline springs are essentially the same spring rates as the Swifts, but in a progressive design? Lowers a tad more than I'd prefer but still not slammed. Also, 30mm isn't 1.5", it's just over 1" drop.

I think these are what I'm going to go with, been debating for the last month or so but I really like what I've heard here. Plan is to pair them up with the factory dampers up front and Koni Orange in the rear. Should be a nice compliment to my current TB 2pt and rear torsion bars.

Just to sum up, the Whiteline springs are essentially the same spring rates as the Swifts, but in a progressive design? Lowers a tad more than I'd prefer but still not slammed. Also, 30mm isn't 1.5", it's just over 1" drop.

I think these are what I'm going to go with, been debating for the last month or so but I really like what I've heard here. Plan is to pair them up with the factory dampers up front and Koni Orange in the rear. Should be a nice compliment to my current TB 2pt and rear torsion bars.
I dont know man, there a lot of "kind of, soft of" in what you said. From my research, I'm basically going whiteline unless swift matches pricing. Also, as much as every on this forum seams to think that progressive rate spring are the devil, 90% of people should really have them over linear, especially if this is mostly a street car. If you don't have a two way adjustable coilovers that can change both compression rate and rebound rate, a progressive spring that is soft then hard as they load up is the next best thing.

Well I decided to order a set of these with their Black Friday sale. 25% off and free shipping made it hard to say no, got mine through Weir Racing. I'll likely have to swap the rear springs back to stock when I put the winter tires on since they're 195/60-15's, but that's quick and easy enough to do. Excited to try them out!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One would hope, quite honestly I have never gotten over the hype around BC coilovers. They are really not as great as people make them out to be. Lol I know some respected members run them and like them... but truth be told they are a Korean coilover that popped up im the early part od this century making coilovers for drift cars. Much like a lot of the Chinese crap.
Do not get me started on a lot of the Japanese brands either lol.

I do not feel they compare to any Koni or Bilstein setup out there. One would be better off getting ST’s as they are lower line KW.

In further thinking I think people like them becuase our cars are over damped from the factory at least prior to 17. The ride was already a bit on the rough and tumble side.
So running BC’s felt pretty decent and adustable ride height has its pros.

Did I digress? Lol I am running the Whiteline with Stock shocks and will most likely swap out to Koni at some point.
After expereincing Koni coilovers in my BMW’s and how nice they ride its hard to get behind most of these lower end coil over manufacturers. Lol
Also who has put any real mileage on BC’s and had them hold up?

Ok I will stop now. Lol
I tend to agree with you here, since if I cannot afford the 'real thing', i.e.; off the shelf Reigers, or Motons or Penskes adapted and fabricated to work on our rides, 2 or 3 way, individually/separately compression and rebound adjustable, reservoir coil overs, then I would rather just go with Koni Sports with a Ground Control coil over conversion kit with LINEAR rate coil over springs (IF they ever release one, which sadly seems highly unlikely now [:(]), or the Bilstein/M-Sport R1 spec rally setup.

If none of the above was possible/available/affordable, then I would just go with the Swifts on Koni Sports, since I want a LINEAR rate spring with the LEAST amount of drop possible, along with a substantially higher than factory spring rate, for how I want to/will use this car.

The Swifts already drop it too much for my uses, so that precludes me from using these Whitelines, even if they actually do have the same type of 'tender spring'-like bunched coils as the Swifts, and are really linear in wheel travel function as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I dont know man, there a lot of "kind of, soft of" in what you said. From my research, I'm basically going whiteline unless swift matches pricing. Also, as much as every on this forum seams to think that progressive rate spring are the devil, 90% of people should really have them over linear, especially if this is mostly a street car. If you don't have a two way adjustable coilovers that can change both compression rate and rebound rate, a progressive spring that is soft then hard as they load up is the next best thing.
I KNOW that you have much road race experience and much respect and kudos for that [thumb], but I have heard from also very experienced racers that even on totally non-adjustable/fixed valving dampers (like the Bilstein B6es/B8s) they say you want linear rate springs IF you care at all about consistent and accurate handling.

YES, if (like most on here who complain about this car's ride quality from the factory), one cares about ride comfort much more than handling, by all means go with progressives. ;)

I hear you, my racecar is on B8 PP struts and H&R race springs which are progressive. They work well and adapt to bumpy tracks where the wrong linear rate would make the car skip around and they also set hard on a smooth track to give a lot of lateral grip. There would always be one linear race spring that would be better for any situation, but I'm not swapping springs for each track I race at. I think you get my point and both types can be great. The downside of progressive is the exponential way in which they can load up and release. I'm sure in racing I give up a little here and there from that, but it's small and I gain advantages at other times.

I just purchased a set of these from Woosh so I'm excited to see how they are. I have no problem saying I don't like the with stock struts with these and will likely jump right to coilovers if I'm unhappy.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I hear you, my racecar is on B8 PP struts and H&R race springs which are progressive. They work well and adapt to bumpy tracks where the wrong linear rate would make the car skip around and they also set hard on a smooth track to give a lot of lateral grip. There would always be one linear race spring that would be better for any situation, but I'm not swapping springs for each track I race at. I think you get my point and both types can be great. The downside of progressive is the exponential way in which they can load up and release. I'm sure in racing I give up a little here and there from that, but it's small and I gain advantages at other times.

I just purchased a set of these from Woosh so I'm excited to see how they are. I have no problem saying I don't like the with stock struts with these and will likely jump right to coilovers if I'm unhappy.
I would combine them woth Koni Yellows or even B8’s before jumping into coilovers. Our stock struts are a big part of the over damped issue which is why going to a sitiffer spring helps it. Yet going with a more properly valved shock is the ultimate even with the stiffer spring as many have already down that with Swifts and other brands and seen excellent results.

Last edited:
Well I decided to order a set of these with their Black Friday sale. 25% off and free shipping made it hard to say no, got mine through Weir Racing. I'll likely have to swap the rear springs back to stock when I put the winter tires on since they're 195/60-15's, but that's quick and easy enough to do. Excited to try them out!
I bought a set from Weir as well. Killer price!